GWT: PL Matchweek 10

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
In all seriousness that's a fantastic ball from Cavani. He's been great so far for us.
He should be the starting #9.

It's more of an indictment on Martial than anything, but Cavani is our best option right now. I'd argue that a competent #9 is more of a need than a RW. The board really screwed the pooch on the Haaland transfer. That ship has sailed though as I think he's off to Madrid next summer.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

It's more of an indictment on Martial than anything, but Cavani is our best option right now. I'd argue that a competent #9 is more of a need than a RW. The board really screwed the pooch on the Haaland transfer. That ship has sailed though as I think he's off to Madrid next summer.

I think that was more on Raiola's demands than the board.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic

You're horribly wrong.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

Well no. Having a natural RW would help the attack a ton. Martial and Cavani up top is more than fine for now.

Reactions: Aladyyn

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Well no. Having a natural RW would help the attack a ton. Martial and Cavani up top is more than fine for now.
I don't disagree. The right side is a black hole of lack of attacking options. AWB isn't too great going forward.

Rather than drop 100 million euro on Sancho, I'd rather spend 40 million on, I don't know, David Neres, and 60 million euro on an out and out #9 like Lautaro.

Martial is sold to cover some of that.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Does anyone else get the feeling from AWB that he himself doesn't know quite fully what he's actually capable of on the pitch? Meaning with the ball and offensively. I fell there's unfulfilled upside on that front.

Reactions: I Eat Crow

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I don't disagree. The right side is a black hole of lack of attacking options. AWB isn't too great going forward.

Rather than drop 100 million euro on Sancho, I'd rather spend 40 million on, I don't know, David Neres, and 60 million euro on an out and out #9 like Lautaro.

AWB would be fine going forward if he could get forward more. The issue is that the right side of the attack usually offers so little coming back that he’s got to defend so much. When he’s actually going forward he’s fine. Not a game breaker or anything, but perfectly serviceable.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

I mean is Lautauro that much of an upgrade on Martial? He could eventually, but he's one year younger than Martial and hasn't really proved he's much of an upgrade on him.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
I mean is Lautauro that much of an upgrade on Martial? He could eventually, but he's one year younger than Martial and hasn't really proved he's much of an upgrade on him.
In terms of raw numbers, maybe. Lautaro is much more of a clinical finisher and has more of a poacher's mentality. He's more Cavani than Martial in that regard, if that makes sense. Martial blows too many chances to truly be world class, which is a shame because his elusiveness and speed are world class qualities.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
In terms of raw numbers, maybe. Lautaro is much more of a clinical finisher and has more of a poacher's mentality. He's more Cavani than Martial in that regard, if that makes sense. Martial blows too many chances to truly be world class, which is a shame because his elusiveness and speed are world class qualities.
Martial is provably more clinical than Lautaro...

Lautaro Martínez | Inter | xG | Shot Map | Goal stats | Understat.com
Anthony Martial | Manchester United | xG | Shot Map | Goal stats | Understat.com

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad