PK Subban on La Poche Bleu Podcast

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I never thought Molson came across as arrogant. He just came across as dumb when he talked about hockey and the on-ice product IMO. He had zero business being involved in hockey decisions. Glad that's done and now he's just cutting checks.

No, I never really got a sense of arrogance from molson, either.

He's repeatedly said that he's more like a fly on the wall during personnel decisions rather than someone who is going to play GM. I think most people would agree (fans and GMs alike) that they want an owner that let's the GM do the GM work and doesn't meddle.

I thought it was a good idea as well for molson to have that panel when looking for the new president back in 2012. He leaned on some guys like serge savard who have experience dealing with this market. Now, it didn't work out but I liked the process better than an owner who thinks he's a smarter hockey guy than everyone that is personally handpicking the replacement.

I think the time to move on from bergevin was the season after he fumbled the radulov and markov contracts, but once he did move on, he showed that he is flexible to allow some radical organizational shifts. For example, gorton has come in and shook up the organization with alot more emphasis on talent development. Again, letting the president do president things and staying out of the way.

I don't really ask for much more from the owner. Let's just hope Gorton's execution is sound.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
No, I never really got a sense of arrogance from molson, either.

He's repeatedly said that he's more like a fly on the wall during personnel decisions rather than someone who is going to play GM. I think most people would agree (fans and GMs alike) that they want an owner that let's the GM do the GM work and doesn't meddle.

I thought it was a good idea as well for molson to have that panel when looking for the new president back in 2012. He leaned on some guys like serge savard who have experience dealing with this market. Now, it didn't work out but I liked the process better than an owner who thinks he's a smarter hockey guy than everyone that is personally handpicking the replacement.

I think the time to move on from bergevin was the season after he fumbled the radulov and markov contracts, but once he did move on, he showed that he is flexible to allow some radical organizational shifts. For example, gorton has come in and shook up the organization with alot more emphasis on talent development. Again, letting the president do president things and staying out of the way.

I don't really ask for much more from the owner. Let's just hope Gorton's execution is sound.
When Molson said "no stone left unturned" after that disaster meltdown season PK talked about (his final season with the Habs), what was the outcome? Better hotdogs and Subban traded away.

He's got to shoulder the blame because he put his neck out.

That season the Habs were TOPs, Subban was on fire, and Bergevin didn't sign a replacement for Price to carry his under-talented team... he acquired Ben Scrivens from the AHL. Shameless and wasteful. Molson gave Bergevin five more seasons after that.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
You know what always killed me about the triple low 5?

How PK was the only one who got heat for it, despite it being him and Carey.

And how now that sort of thing is celebrated around the league (thinking of Swayman/Ullmark).
It was celebrated at the time too.

Therrien, Bergevin, Molson and friends are just old dinosaurs who think they know better.

At least Molson seems to be a little not relaxed now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad