PK Subban is the GOAT.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

fsdev905

Dec 22, 2006
Toronto
Hell of a pass on the tying goal, with everyone in the building thinking he was gonna shoot.

Just saw the highlight.
It reminded me of the game where Jordan scored 55 against the Knicks at MSG after coming out of his 2nd retirement.

Everyone thought he was going to take the game winning shot, but passed it to Bill Wennington for the game winning shot.

Tyrus

5 ft 7 in.
May 20, 2013
Oh man...forgot about that one. Loved reading some of our most knowledgeable Hab fans try their best to compare him to lesser players. He is our MVP period. Price a close 2nd.

Don't say non-sense.

One game where Price doesn't stand on his head after coming back from injury doesn't change the fact that he's the only reason we're even fighting for a playoff spot to begin with.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
He led that comeback... three assists on all the comeback goals. Just an amazing player. He was a beast tonight, creating opportunities, hitting, his defense, that backcheck in the 1st was beautiful too.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
Don't say non-sense.

One game where Price doesn't stand on his head after coming back from injury doesn't change the fact that he's the only reason we're even fighting for a playoff spot to begin with.

IMO. PK is the best player on this team and that goes far beyond this game or this season. He is clutch and that is what I care about. Price is 2nd best...he's our MVP this season but you can't deny how important and clutch PK has been ever since he was beasting in the playoffs in his rookie season.

NLHabsFan

Nov 18, 2008
Alberta
IMO. PK is the best player on this team and that goes far beyond this game or this season. He is clutch and that is what I care about. Price is 2nd best...he's our MVP this season but you can't deny how important and clutch PK has been ever since he was beasting in the playoffs in his rookie season.

When I read your first post this is exactly what I was going to reply with. Glad you cleared it up.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
The day the team starts to actually embrace PK's exuberance and try to get the most out of it instead of trying to reform him will be a great day for the team as a whole. He's simply that much more dominant when you let him do his thing.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
The day the team starts to actually embrace PK's exuberance and try to get the most out of it instead of trying to reform him will be a great day for the team as a whole. He's simply that much more dominant when you let him do his thing.

Too bad the coach doesn't agree with you. Had nothing good to say about PK tonight.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC

I quite often find myself seeing you post and I'm always impressed by your objectiveness and your intelligence. Keep it up.

Agreed 100%. PK is a big game player. He is an absolute monster in the clutch and (as you said) He needs to be allowed to play his game. He can do things that barely any other guys can do, and he should not be reduced to being another robot. Love Subban

LeMAD

Mar 1, 2006
Montreal
lemad.freehostia.com

I don't see it that way at all. Clearly the way he plays no one is holding him back. Consistency is the issue in his case. At his best his dominant like no other dman in the world, but there were too many games this season where he simply wasn't there.

Let's hope he's just saving his best for the last stretch of the season and the playoffs.

Laphroaig

Aug 26, 2011
The Town Fun Forgot
Subban is the most talented Hab since Guy Lafleur.

Let's make that the most talented guy not named Patrick Roy shall we.

Hard to believe the coach was such a jerk in the post game. One of them is going to have to go and we don't need a poll to know which one the fans want to keep.

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
Let's make that the most talented guy not named Patrick Roy shall we.

Hard to believe the coach was such a jerk in the post game. One of them is going to have to go and we don't need a poll to know which one the fans want to keep.

It has been mentioned a couple of times in these threads (this and post game thread) that MT said something dumb about Subban. What exactly did he say?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I think Therrien was just trying to make a joke. At least I hope he was.

PK is way too talented but he's taking so many risk on the offensive zone. This is scary.

And look what it got us. He assisted on all three comeback goals. I'm not scared one bit, because then he goes back on the back check like he did early in the game.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
EPIC game by him.

It didn't help that he was surrounded by lousy defensemen all night and an old man. But when he decided to put himself at "ON" there was no stopping him.

Ver Vas Karlsson, eh?

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
And yet, in his PC when asked about Subban the best he could find is "he did the right play I guess"... and then starts talking about Price...

:facepalm:

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Are you kidding me? That 2 points is all PK.

Yup, he was all laugh though, but still...

I'm OK with being tough on players, but there's specific times where you have to say something nice, and that was one of them.

Despite the laugh it gave me the feeling he simply didnt want to talk about Subban.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Lol what?

It's true that he's taking too many risk, but I dont think we can put the blame on him really...

I've noticed many times lately that he's leading a rush, takes a split second to look who's where and end up stuck in the corner as there's nobody to pass the puck to or ready for a rebound or something

(contrary to last few seasons, where he was leading the rush without looking for his teammates)

it's pretty much the same result (not getting scoring chances, turnovers, etc), but it's clear that the lack of a decent system is killing it. Dont think it's on PK anymore. (well yeah a few times, but really not as often)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad