Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
[size=+5][glow=black]PENGUINS VS RANGERS[/glow][/size]

200px-Pittsburgh_Penguins_logo.svg.png
200px-New_York_Rangers.svg.png

[size=+2][glow=black]March 16th, 12:30PM @ Consol Energy Center[/size][/glow]

844px-Consol_Energy_Center_Panoramic2.jpg

[size=+2][glow=black]Online Viewing Sources[/size][/glow] atdhe.net <--Most Reliable
Justin.tv (non-direct)
Channelsurfing.net (non-direct)
MyP2P Forums

[size=+2][glow=black]Team Leaders[/size][/glow]
large.png
||
large.png

Kunitz 18|GOALS| Callahan & Nash 9
Crosby 35|ASSISTS| Nash 14
Crosby 47|POINTS| Nash 23
Chris Kunitz +23|PLUS MINUS| Nash +10
Tanner Glass 36|PIM|Stu Bickel 49​

[size=+2][glow=black]Team Stats[/size][/glow]
large.png
||
large.png

20-6-0|Record|13-11-2
Won 7|Streak|Lost 2
103/79|GF/GA:|65/64
8-2-0|Last 10:|5-5-0

[size=+2][glow=black]Penguins Projected Lineup[/size][/glow]
large.png

[glow=black]Left Wing [/glow]| [glow=black]Center [/glow]| [glow=black]Right Wing [/glow]
Chris Kunitz|Sidney Crosby|Pascal Dupuis
Beau Bennett|Brent Sutter|James Neal
Matt Cooke|Dustin Jeffrey|Tyler Kennedy
Tanner Glass|Joe Vitale|Craig Adams
[glow=black]Defense [/glow]| [glow=black]Defense [/glow]
Brooks Orpik|Paul Martin
Simon Despres|Kris Letang
Matt Niskanen|Robert Bortuzzo

[size=+2][glow=black]New York Rangers predicted line-up[/size][/glow]
large.png

[glow=red]Left Wing [/glow]| [glow=gold]Center [/glow]| [glow=gold]Right Wing [/glow]
Carl Hagelin|Brad Richards|Rick Nash
Marian Gaborik|Derek Stepan|Ryan Callahan
Taylor Pyatt|J.T Miller|Darroll Powe
Brian Boyle|Jeff Halpern|Michael Haley
[glow=gold]Defense [/glow]| [glow=gold]Defense [/glow]
Ryan McDonagh|Dan Girardi
Michael Del Zott|Anton Stralman
Roman Hamrlik|Steve Eminger

[size=+2][glow=black]Atlantic Division Standings & Recent Division Highlights[/size][/glow]
large.png
large.png
large.png
large.png

large.png

[glow=red]Team [/glow]| [glow=gold]GP [/glow]| [glow=gold]W [/glow]| [glow=red]L [/glow]| [glow=red]OT [/glow]| [glow=red]PTS [/glow]| [glow=red]VS ATL [/glow]

Pittsburgh Penguins |28|20|8|0|40|7-4-0
New Jersey Devils |27|13|9|5|31|6-2-1
New York Rangers |26|13|11|2|28|4-4-1
New York Islanders|27|12|12|3|27|4-6-1
Philadelphia Flyers|28|12|15|1|25|3-7-0

[size=+2][glow=black]Goalie Match-Up[/size][/glow]
[size=+1]Marc-Andre-Fleury[/size]
fleury_jump.jpg

[size=+1]14-5-0, 0 SO; 2.58 GAA, .905 SV%[/size]

[size=+1]Henrik Lundqvist[/size]
320px-Henrik_Lundqvist_in_2010.jpg

[size=+1]11-10-1, 0 SO; 2.27 GAA, .920 SV%[/size]

[size=+5][glow=black]GO PENS!!![/size][/glow]

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Will probably miss the first half of the first period as I've got football on. But, hopefully tune in to us winning.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Good luck!

Yeah I'm not a happy camper. Of all the days I could take my future mother-in-law shopping, of course she has to go tomorrow...the day of a Pens game. Against the Rags no less.

What's worse is that the thing she wants us to get her (a new cell phone) isn't even something she definitively needs tomorrow. But of course, she feels like tommorow is the day she absolutely needs one. :rolleyes: My fiancee feels bad too as she knows I never miss a game, plus she likes watching the Pens almost as much as I do. Even though this is her first year and a half as a fan.

Ah well...at least it's not a playoff game. :laugh:

Axman

MoreSkilledThanYou
Feb 9, 2011
Yeah I'm not a happy camper. Of all the days I could take my future mother-in-law shopping, of course she has to go tomorrow...the day of a Pens game. Against the Rags no less.

What's worse is that the thing she wants us to get her (a new cell phone) isn't even something she definitively needs tomorrow. But of course, she feels like tommorow is the day she absolutely needs one. :rolleyes: My fiancee feels bad too as she knows I never miss a game, plus she likes watching the Pens almost as much as I do. Even though this is her first year and a half as a fan.

Ah well...at least it's not a playoff game. :laugh:

Good man. :yo: I'm certain your future wife will appreciate the sacrifice. Look at it as perhaps a character building experience.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Ah, I see. I myself am a big Man U fan.

Glory hunter ;)

For the first time ever I love back-to-back afternoon games...I work the next two evenings, but will be able to watch both games because of the start times. I could live without the 10 am part of it, but beggars can't be choosers.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
"For when the One Great Scorer comes
To write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost -
But how you played the Game."

American sportswriter Henry Grantland Rice (1880-1954)

I will say again. At this point with 20 games left and a 9 point lead on the Devils, whether we win this one or lose is far less relevant than if the Pens clean up some of our issues we all have complained about. If Bennett steps up further into the role we want him to. That no one gets injured.

I would love to see the Pens win. I would love for Crosby to get 10 points and Letang 7 goals. But if I had a choice of losing a 1-0 game I would gladly take it if the team showed that they can play playoff hockey.

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
Beat them while they're down no doubt. Bury them a little more in the standings. Would be nice to come out of this weekend with 3 points.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I'm expecting a VERY hungry Rangers team. They need this one. We are also due for a loss. And unlike Claude, Ryan Callahan is a great captain. He will make sure this team stays hungry even though their coach is an idiot.

I'll say 3-2 Rangers (OT)

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Not yet. They're still in turmoil IMO. I think the Rags will take their revenge during the home-and-home coming up in about a week or two. For now I have this feeling they will keep losing and that Torts may indeed get canned. He's about due / worn out his welcome IMO. As soon as you say "we suck" as a coach and are having multi-game tirade streaks, you've pretty much jumped the Shark.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Not yet. They're still in turmoil IMO. I think the Rags will take their revenge during the home-and-home coming up in about a week or two. For now I have this feeling they will keep losing and that Torts may indeed get canned. He's about due / worn out his welcome IMO. As soon as you say "we suck" as a coach and are having multi-game tirade streaks, you've pretty much jumped the Shark.

Hopefully Rangers' management is as stubborn as Tortorella is.

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009

This is my feeling as well. He already called out the entire team, especially the top line, and none of them responded. They're still a mess...Pens really need to win because a Rangers win might get them going. If they're going to lose a game this weekend I'd rather it be Sunday.

zacharoni16

Mar 15, 2013
I have a question about why would Dan B use our bigger bodied defensemen for the rangers (Despres) (Bortuzzi). I would think we should let them rest up for the big bodied Bruins in back to back games

I think the Rangers will come at us hard, but I'm expecting Neal to pick up his game in this one

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
What's the Pens record for games that start this early or earlier? I recall it not being that good, hopefully they buck that trend for this one.

Sid usually has very big games against the Rags. I hope he ends this game with 50pts on the season.

shureshot66

Aug 2, 2005
What's the Pens record for games that start this early or earlier? I recall it not being that good, hopefully they buck that trend for this one.

Sid usually has very big games against the Rags. I hope he ends this game with 50pts on the season.
Surprisingly, they're 4-1 in afternoon games this season.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
I have a question about why would Dan B use our bigger bodied defensemen for the rangers (Despres) (Bortuzzi). I would think we should let them rest up for the big bodied Bruins in back to back games

How about we just let them play every game?
Well, I suppose at this point Bortuzzo just doesn't make the lineup, but he was GREAT at the Garden.

Actually, it would be awesome if Bylsma used this double header to send a message to Orpik, that he has to shape up. Because the Rags are.... a team ripe to be beaten.

Despres Letang
Martin Bortuzzo
Niskanen Engelland

....with Niskanen getting extra shifts with both Letang and Martin of course. Orpik back with fire in the belly against Boston on Sunday.
Won't happen, but a man can hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad