GDT: Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Chicago Blackhawks 9/23/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Season hasn't started, Pens have other options now...let's see if he actually uses him as much as people are already predicting he will.

Shero signed him to that contract, then you expect Bylsma to not use him after making that much? Who's to say Bylsma was going to scratch him and Shero said well...with his pay, you need to play him?

But yeah, Glass does suck.

That's a ridiculous assertion. Shero has said multiple times he leaves the lineup to the coach. I highly doubt Shero runs such a tight ship that he wants an obviously worse hockey player in the lineup just because he made a mistake in signing him.

Disco Dan loves Glass. It's painfully obvious.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
I really thought D'Agostini was a player that was going to adapt well here when we signed him during the summer. I saw lots of positives last week in Chicago but after that has been pretty bla. Maybe it's because he just became a Dad and hasn't been sleeping well but he needs to pick it up, especially since he's got a 1 way deal

Glad Kobasew is keeping up, really hope it moves Glass away from this team

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
That's a ridiculous assertion. Shero has said multiple times he leaves the lineup to the coach. I highly doubt Shero runs such a tight ship that he wants an obviously worse hockey player in the lineup just because he made a mistake in signing him.

Any hope that Glass goes on waivers? Or is that a dream that will simply never come true? :cry:

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal

Hopefully that's where Jacques Martin comes in and tells him Dan, WTF are you doing playing this guy

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Unfortunately, I don't see it happening. One can dream though.

I can pictures Bylsma's tantrum, meltdown combo.

"Not having sweet baby Tanner will give me too many options," "He's finally learning the system," "He's going to be great on the third line," "He's tough," "He'll grind them down," "He's a young me," "I won the cup in 2009," "He'll win us 60 games," "Stupid ****ing rookies and talented people." *Gibberish*

Glass just flat out needs to be removed from the situation, it probably won't happen.

LostLiquorLicense

Jul 13, 2009
Pittsburgh
Thoughts from watching it live:

Maatta is very impressive. Paul Martin-esque(in fact the girl I was with asked when Paul changed his number to 3)
Zolniercyzk is pure energy, but is rather dirty and out of control. Fun to watch but there's the constant worry of corruption of a minor penalty.
Zatkoff looked a little like a cat chasing a laser pointer, but was solid for the most part.
The team "tried" for about 3 and a half minutes.
The "Slap Shot" sandwich is delicious.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012

Miss the part where Shero confesses his love for Adams and how he will fight for his said love in that Hbo 24/7 thing?

Right, Shero let's Bylsma decide it all.

We see one side.

I would love nothing more than to see this team without Glass AND Adams and a 4th line of Jeffrey, Vitale, Kobasew or something to that extent, but it won't happen. We're stuck with at least one horrible player that should either retire or just never in the NHL again, but as luck would have it, we have 2. There's only so many times you can beat a dead horse, until both are gone, we might as well just ignore the fact that both players that are hands of stone and chock full of uselessness are on this team.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Why should Despres start in the AHL?

Because it would make more sense for him to play regular minutes than to rotate in and out of the line-up with Engelland and Bortuzzo. The team has 8 defensemen that should be up, but only 1 can pass through waivers and it's Despres. Until Shero figures out who to move and I am hoping it's Engelland, Despres is better suited playing top 4 pairing minutes in WBS to start the year.

You think it was bad when Letang was sent down?

Did he stay down that whole year? No. People have this assumption that once he's down there, he's stuck there. Not the case, unless he's severely out played by Dumoulin and isn't called up because of that, in which case too bad for Simon, work harder next time kid.

It's a cap thing as well as a minutes thing, I mean could he learn while being up? Sure, but playing every other game or so or playing a few and then sitting a few or playing 12-14 minutes vs being top 4 in the AHL, playing PK and PP minutes and close to 20mins...

Yes, horrible.

Only way I'd be happy to see him up is if he's up and a regular fixture on that 3rd pairing playing 15+ minutes a game. For that to happen, Niskanen has to go, it's pointless keeping him as the guy we rotate in and out. I'd rather see a duo of Despres & Bortuzzo, as much as it might scare some people having two youngsters, Bortz is a stay at home type of guy, maybe keeping Engelland gives some sort of veteran to switch in and out, but yeah...

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
Because it would make more sense for him to play regular minutes than to rotate in and out of the line-up with Engelland and Bortuzzo. The team has 8 defensemen that should be up, but only 1 can pass through waivers and it's Despres. Until Shero figures out who to move and I am hoping it's Engelland, Despres is better suited playing top 4 pairing minutes in WBS to start the year.

You think it was bad when Letang was sent down?

Did he stay down that whole year? No. People have this assumption that once he's down there, he's stuck there. Not the case, unless he's severely out played by Dumoulin and isn't called up because of that, in which case too bad for Simon, work harder next time kid.

It's a cap thing as well as a minutes thing, I mean could he learn while being up? Sure, but playing every other game or so or playing a few and then sitting a few or playing 12-14 minutes vs being top 4 in the AHL, playing PK and PP minutes and close to 20mins...

Yes, horrible.

Only way I'd be happy to see him up is if he's up and a regular fixture on that 3rd pairing playing 15+ minutes a game. For that to happen, Niskanen has to go, it's pointless keeping him as the guy we rotate in and out. I'd rather see a duo of Despres & Bortuzzo, as much as it might scare some people having two youngsters, Bortz is a stay at home type of guy, maybe keeping Engelland gives some sort of veteran to switch in and out, but yeah...

Des - Bort should this teams 3rd pair all season. Move Nisky, Engo sits in the press box.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Des - Bort should this teams 3rd pair all season. Move Nisky, Engo sits in the press box.

Agreed. The only reason to have Nisky around still is if we are having trouble trading him. And at that point, I'd rather suck it up and take a worse return. I would consider the cap relief and a roster opening for Despres as a part of the return at that point.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
I could see a few teams that could use a guy like Niskanen and have the cap space, I'm not sure if it's a case of having trouble moving him over him actually being available at this point.

When do the Penguins need to be under the cap? This upcoming Monday? We'll find out soon enough.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
I could see a few teams that could use a guy like Niskanen and have the cap space, I'm not sure if it's a case of having trouble moving him over him actually being available at this point.

When do the Penguins need to be under the cap? This upcoming Monday? We'll find out soon enough.
I think I read the 30th.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
I'd really love to meet the pro scout who actually recommended Glass as a viable 4th line option so I can punch him in the dick.

Sivek

Apr 9, 2011
I'd really love to meet the pro scout who actually recommended Glass as a viable 4th line option so I can punch him in the dick.

No doubt Don Waddell still has some contacts within that organization or at least that's what I tell myself.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

1297340758435_ORIGINAL.jpg

It's all the bear's fault.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010

Honestly, after that Philly series, a simple north/south defensively responsible hitting machine sounded good to me.

But it's pretty ridiculous how after his performance last season, he's now getting an expanded role. If it has anything to do with his contract, Burkle should *****slap Bylsma in front of Shero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad