Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
What Legare has done is super impressive. He wasn't close to his 2018-2019 pace by the beginning of 2020, but he's now on pace to basically match what he did last year on a dramatically worse team. That's really encouraging to see.

I really hope they add the 19 year old exception rule to the NHL-CHL transfer agreement next year. I definitely think Poulin would benefit more from playing in the AHL than the Q, and I think Legare might benefit more too.

Reactions: HandshakeLin

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Jones finished his season with 11 points in 36 games. 2-9-11, 0.31ppg, -6 (worst)

Caulfield hasn’t played in the last 2 games. 29GP, 4-8-12, 0.41ppg, +13

Gorman has played 2 games in the ECAC first round and they’re through to the quarterfinal. 0 points, -2. I think I screwed up before and thought those were going to be RS games for him. Anyway, it wasn’t a bad season that improved a bit after we remembered him to shit talk him.
His season was 29GP, 1-5-6 (tied for 13th, 9th for Fs), 0.21ppg (14th, 10th for Fs), -14 (tied for worst), 18PIM (tied for 5th worst)

Reactions: Peat

Gumbercules

Oct 11, 2007
Gorman and Princeton won both of their games against Dartmouth in OT. They get top ranked Cornell next weekend, which should put an end to their season.

Reilly and RPI will host Harvard next weekend, which is basically a coin flip as to who will win. Interesting note is that it will be played in an empty rink due to Covid 19 concerns

Jones and Omaha will go on the road to play Denver, which is a challenge, but UNO played them tight this year, so a win is possible.

Caulfield and ND host Colorado College, which should be an easy win.

Pavs and Phillips with Penn St await the winner of Minnesota and Notre Dame. Either would be a good matchup, but I think Penn St would prefer Minnesota. They are in the tourny for sure however.

Reactions: vabm8 and Peat

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
We may keep the number one after all. Trades for picks at the draft. Blow it up.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I think there might be a little bit of Marino in Reilly.
Believe he could step right in next season on a 3rd pairing.
I'll feel real bad for him tho if he has to play with JJ.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I think there might be a little bit of Marino in Reilly.
Believe he could step right in next season on a 3rd pairing.
I'll feel real bad for him tho if he has to play with JJ.

Reilly's skating isn't nearly as good as Marino's. And we still have to sign Reilly. Can't see why he wouldn't sign with the Pens though. Though, like I just posted in the DO'C thread, there's more desirable AHL cities.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Reilly's skating isn't nearly as good as Marino's. And we still have to sign Reilly. Can't see why he wouldn't sign with the Pens though. Though, like I just posted in the DO'C thread, there's more desirable AHL cities.

I mean, not many guys at all can skate like Marino but i do think he can compete for a 3RD spot once he signs on of course. Good offensive instincts and judging from the stats he's pretty solid in his own end of the rink.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Apparently I follow him on Twitter.

I suppose this does mean that all college players can sign now unless they’re drafted and waiting to become free agents. They won’t be able to play anywhere but they can be signed.

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
Apparently I follow him on Twitter.

I suppose this does mean that all college players can sign now unless they’re drafted and waiting to become free agents. They won’t be able to play anywhere but they can be signed.

That was all planned by JR. Get them out early so we can sign them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad