Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion V

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Would Vrana be a player worth taking a flyer on at league min?

Possibly. Where are you going to use him? Is he going to sign for 1 million, and basically fill the role Heinen was signed to fill last year as the 21/22 player on your roster? If you tell me you are adding Lindholm, bringing back DeBrusk, bringing in a cheap physical 4th liner, and giving Vrana the million to be a bench guy who find his way into the lineup when guys are hurt etc. Sure I can get behind that.

If you instead are bringing in Vrana to compete with Lysell for a second line wing position, then no absolutely not

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Possibly. Where are you going to use him? Is he going to sign for 1 million, and basically fill the role Heinen was signed to fill last year as the 21/22 player on your roster? If you tell me you are adding Lindholm, bringing back DeBrusk, bringing in a cheap physical 4th liner, and giving Vrana the million to be a bench guy who find his way into the lineup when guys are hurt etc. Sure I can get behind that.

If you instead are bringing in Vrana to compete with Lysell for a second line wing position, then no absolutely not

I don’t see Lysell sniffing a spot on this roster, if they are serious about improving enough to contend.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Tkachuk drafted by ,Calgary
Bennett drafted by Calgary
Reinhart drafted by Buffalo

Don't just have to draft to get impact players

They also gave up a decent amount to get those guys.

Jonathan Huberdeau
MacKenzie Weegar.
Devon Levi
2022 first-round pick
2022 second-round pick
Emil Heineman

Hindsight is 20/20 and these look like steals, but at the time they were a lot to give up. No one here ever seems to want to give up things that are valuable. Its typically people want to trade bottom 6 players or meh prospects

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Only Barkov and Ludell drafted by Florida.

Bennett 4th overall.

Remember when Reinhart was considered a bust and Panthers were fools for giving up a first-round draft pick for him?
Remember when Bennett was toiling in Calagary and several posters including myself suggested we trade DeBrusk for Bennett. We were laughed at , hahaha.......really funny now.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Fk the Panthers! Any team that needs the assistance of the NHL to get through the playoffs, is not a good team!.
I'll agree that they've had more than their share of assistance from the NHL, to an embarrassing level actually. My question is why does the NHL want to embarrass themselves like that when it's not necessary. The Panthers are the best team , so I can't agree with that but it makes you wonder. Most of the time I'm left wondering if I'm not watching the NHE. It's been several years now I can't help but feel the fix is in. The BS championship teams seem to get away is ridiculous in my eyes. It looks like the NHE is tilting the ice and rules in favor of non-traditional markets. And everyone is on board because it means $$$$ in pockets and that's all owners are interested in. They don't give a flying f*** about fans, It's $$$$ that matter. That's how cities like Utah end up with a team.

For what?

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Oilers defence is horrible. Nurse gets paid 9.5 a year and he's never impressed me. Even less now.
Oiler offence feels they need to pass the puck 400 times before taking a shot on the pp. Reminds me of another team.... hmmmmm🤔

Nice part is game 4 will be this weekend and I'll likely be busy doing other things to watch.... thankfully.🧹

Nurse is obviously injured but with that said , how is he paid 9.5M for that skill set? Apparently he is good buddies with McDavid and they pay him to keep Conor happy which is the dumbest shit I've ever heard.

Reactions: nORRis8

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Remember when Bennett was toiling in Calagary and several posters including myself suggested we trade DeBrusk for Bennett. We were laughed at , hahaha.......really funny now.

This you saying Bennett and Hanifin? With Hanifin clearly being the main target in the proposal? Little disingenuous to pretend you were targeting just Bennett. Also not seeing anybody go after you for that proposal in that thread.

This you seriously asking “who adds” in a Pastrnak for Bennett swap?

1718420958494.png

This you telling Don that Gabriel and Zboril were an overpayment for Bennett?

Last edited:

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada

This you saying Bennett and Hanifin? With Hanifin clearly being the main target in the proposal? Little disingenuous to pretend you were targeting Judy Bennett. Also not seeing anybody go after you for that proposal in that thread.

View attachment 882969

This you telling Don that Gabriel and Zboril were an overpayment for Bennett?

Gabriel was a top prospect at that time , very much like Bennett. Turned out to be a dud. Most of here had high expectations.

This you saying Bennett and Hanifin? With Hanifin clearly being the main target in the proposal? Little disingenuous to pretend you were targeting just Bennett. Also not seeing anybody go after you for that proposal in that thread.
Between Hanifin and Bennett , I still take Hanifin.

Yes, I'm wondering how anyone thinks it's the Bruins that add? I literally asked if Bennett is not a add on to a bigger piece , what did you miss ?

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
The difference being one team got elite talent for those picks and retained the players
The Bruins being perennial contenders gives them picks in the late 20's. Your better off giving up those picks for ready made players, especially 1st rounders. The odds of you getting a top 6F or top 4D are extremely low.

Yes I know Pasta was a 25th OA but how often does that happen compared to trading a pick for a player at that level?

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I don’t see Lysell sniffing a spot on this roster, if they are serious about improving enough to contend.
They might as well bring him up and put him through his paces, because his trade value is almost non-existent.

That's not me talking. That's Mark Divver talking, and he's the guy talking to scouts who have little good to say about Lysell.

Reactions: Fenian24

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada

View attachment 882969

This you telling Don that Gabriel and Zboril were an overpayment for Bennett

2018 , Zboril was a 1st round pick, Gabriel was a top prospect , what did you miss ? Can you show me where you were saying otherwise?

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

I agree with this by the way. My point was more that if they are signing Vrana with the expectation that he has a real chance of winning a top 6 or even top 9 slot then they are not serious enough about improving to contend.

Reactions: sarge88

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Exactly. Not saying I want him, just that maybe the oilers want to move on from him after seeing these playoffs and try to take advantage of a bonafide 1c in Draisaitl hitting the market and staple Nurse to him. That contract is aging poorly and I wouldn’t be surprised to see him on the market within the next season or so.

No thanks

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Zito seems to concentrate on trading for pedigree more often than not. I know I've smugly expressed doubt on several of them over the years, only to look like an idiot in hindsight.

Somehow, it almost always seems to work for him. It seems like something that should translate for non-Zito GMs.

Zito did a good job rebuilding his bottom 3D from Gudas, Staal and Mahura to
Mikkola, OEL and Kulikov at a price tag of $6M with none on ELC's.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
If the Bruins don't feel like Lysell is a guy that has a future with the team let's package him for Laine.

To Boston
Laine w/ $3.7 million retained

To Columbus
Lysell
2025 3rd
2026 2nd

This would make Laine a $5 million hit for the final 2yrs of his contract. Does he play a full 200ft game? No, but he would bring offensive firepower that this team is lacking. He's looking for a fresh start and spent the end of the season in the PA program due to mental health reasons. The Bruins locker room could be a good place for him.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
If the Bruins don't feel like Lysell is a guy that has a future with the team let's package him for Laine.

To Boston
Laine w/ $3.7 million retained

To Columbus
Lysell
2025 3rd
2026 2nd

This would make Laine a $5 million hit for the final 2yrs of his contract. Does he play a full 200ft game? No, but he would bring offensive firepower that this team is lacking. He's looking for a fresh start and spent the end of the season in the PA program due to mental health reasons. The Bruins locker room could be a good place for him.

A quote from the supposedly greatest coach in this history of the NHL, the darling of Bruins fans everywhere, Mr. Paul Maurice.

"We don't talk to Patty anymore. We just talk to everybody else – tell them to give him the puck."

I don't know where or why things went off the rails for Laine. At one point back in 2018 he looked poised to take OV's crown as the purest shooter on the planet. If I had to say who is the purest shooter I've ever seen in hockey, ever, it's Patrik Laine. I've never seen someone who could shoot the puck like he can, his release is like watching Ken Griffey Jr. swing at a baseball. It's just pure natural talent.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Impossible to answer without knowing who the player is.

If he's only played 50% of possible games over the last three years, he may be eligible to sign a contract with performance bonuses. (depends on when he missed those games).

And I would absolutely take a flier on a player in that situation. But, Need. More. Info.
Do we know who ?

Laine ?

If Sweeney loses JDB & Lindholm I’m all in on Laine at reduced price

I’m still in the

Zacha- Lindholm- Pastrnak
Marchand - Coyle - DeBrusk
Heinen - Freddie- Geekie
Beecher - Bo- Braz
Lauko
Merkuloav
Poitras
Lysell

I hope they win at least one.
Yeh I’m in on a game 5 in Florida

No matter the fan base it’s great for the winning team to do it at home

I celebrated 2011 by taking my dog for a walk

Reactions: Gordoff and Ladyfan

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
A quote from the supposedly greatest coach in this history of the NHL, the darling of Bruins fans everywhere, Mr. Paul Maurice.

"We don't talk to Patty anymore. We just talk to everybody else – tell them to give him the puck."

I don't know where or why things went off the rails for Laine. At one point back in 2018 he looked poised to take OV's crown as the purest shooter on the planet. If I had to say who is the purest shooter I've ever seen in hockey, ever, it's Patrik Laine. I've never seen someone who could shoot the puck like he can, his release is like watching Ken Griffey Jr. swing at a baseball. It's just pure natural talent.

From what I've read, part of the reason for why he wanted out of WPG was because of how he was treated by the leaders of the room, specifically Wheeler and Scheifele.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad