Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
Okay pretend time . Let’s say oilers lose in 4. Draisaitl is pissed and requests trade, won’t resign.

Does Edmonton add Nurses horrible contract into the mix when shipping out Leon?
$17,750,000 in AAV coming into any team is a challenge for most clubs. I'm guessing EDM would prefer any such scenario would have those two guys heading to the Eastern Conference.
Both guys have NMCs, so it's even harder.
In final, even if there was a match, now look at the acquiring club and find money moving the other way with similar restrictions being a factor too.
Don't see it likely happening.
EDM could move Draisaitl, but don't I think Nurse would be part of it. They'd be smart to max any return, not saddle it with anything that diminishes the return.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Barkov 2nd overall
Tkachuck 6th overall
Bennett 4th overall
Reinhart 2nd overall
Lundell 12th overall
The pro Florida side of a discussion

Barkov was a ballsy pick wasn’t supposed to go there

Tkachuk trade by Zito outstanding
Bennett a distressed asset he stole him
Reinhart brilliant trade
Lundell great pick
Verhague good judgement & good fortune

I get it but all 6 guys had a little bit to a lot more then already assembled open pack plug in and ta da

Reactions: bbfan419

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Going to repost this from the other thread since it was closed down shortly after I posted:

What kind of contract would folks be willing to offer a winger whose in his mid 20' (25-27) that has only played in roughly 50% of possible games the last 3 seasons, but when he's played he's shown he could be a guy that could be roughly a 30+ goal / 70+ point guy if he could manage to play all 82 games?
Why 50% - dependability is right their with trust and do they like animals and sports

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
@Gordoff we listened to WBZ - Dave Maynard with Don Batting(sp?) doing the news, Don Kent the weather & Joe Green with the traffic report in the mornings, Larry Justice in the afternoons & Larry Glick after midnight but then they went all talk all the time. Ugh. Although I did enjoy listening to Peter Meade & David Brudnoy from time to time, they had some interesting guests.
Don't forget Stuffy Lydon on BUR.

Reactions: Gordoff

pucksindeep92

Jun 19, 2023
Oilers defence is horrible. Nurse gets paid 9.5 a year and he's never impressed me. Even less now.
Oiler offence feels they need to pass the puck 400 times before taking a shot on the pp. Reminds me of another team.... hmmmmm🤔

Nice part is game 4 will be this weekend and I'll likely be busy doing other things to watch.... thankfully.🧹
Exactly. Not saying I want him, just that maybe the oilers want to move on from him after seeing these playoffs and try to take advantage of a bonafide 1c in Draisaitl hitting the market and staple Nurse to him. That contract is aging poorly and I wouldn’t be surprised to see him on the market within the next season or so.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
Going to repost this from the other thread since it was closed down shortly after I posted:

What kind of contract would folks be willing to offer a winger whose in his mid 20' (25-27) that has only played in roughly 50% of possible games the last 3 seasons, but when he's played he's shown he could be a guy that could be roughly a 30+ goal / 70+ point guy if he could manage to play all 82 games?
Reminds me of the old joke....

How do you keep an idiot in suspense?

I'll tell you later

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Only Barkov and Ludell drafted by Florida.

Bennett 4th overall.

Remember when Reinhart was considered a bust and Panthers were fools for giving up a first-round draft pick for him?
Reinhart was definitely not a bust - I know I was discussing trading for him in SIM league at that time and was thinking second liner 25-30 goals

This was Yankees getting Roger Maris from KC and striking gold- no one saw he turns Into Reggie Leach

Florida gave up the Northeastern goalie Levi who was a top prospect

Florida got lucky
Reinhart got lucky getting Bsrkov

But I’ll take as much luck as possible too

So much went in to tomorrow night but we will never know how much if any if Marchand scores on breakaway game and Bruins don’t fumble away late leads in 6&7 and lose OT in 5&7

But it’s really you gotta have both skill and luck and of course health

any of those 3 you don’t get you lose but luck/good fortune is vital

Last edited:

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
@Gordoff we listened to WBZ - Dave Maynard with Don Batting(sp?) doing the news, Don Kent the weather & Joe Green with the traffic report in the mornings, Larry Justice in the afternoons & Larry Glick after midnight but then they went all talk all the time. Ugh. Although I did enjoy listening to Peter Meade & David Brudnoy from time to time, they had some interesting guests.
You must be a "Glick-Nick!" My uncle had a store in Cambridge, the doctor next door (IIRC Dr. Levine or Levitz) was a hypnotist. He was always on the Larry Glick Show on 'BZ. He and Larry G used to hang out in the store at the soda fountain and have a sandwich and shoot the breeze.
Larry used to have various real life characters on his show like "Rosy the cab driver'' and a guy named Charlie DiGiovanni... Good Times!

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I've had 3 colonoscopies in my lifetime. Last 2 clean as a whistle.
You ain't just whistling Dixie...
My cousins hubby was afraid of getting a colonoscopy.
He did the "ColoGuard" one by mail and it came back positive.
He ended up needing to get the Colonoscopy immediately and
ended up with advanced Prostate Cancer and surgery.

An ounce of prevention...

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
What are their tradable assets, really? Not that you'd trade them, but they have value to other teams.

Lohrei
Poitras
2025 1st
Ullmark
Maybe Coyle or Frederic?

That's not a lot to work with when the most valuable assets are guys they need in the lineup now. That basically leaves 3 options, overpay in free agency (Lindholm), get a depreciated asset someone else wants gone (Zegras), or go for lower end players (Granlund). I don't think Ullmark gets them more than a mid-late 1st when he holds all the cards, no Necas, no 7th or 10th overall. Lindholm in this context doesn't look that bad.
Let's see how the old mark thing works out. I think he and markstrom are really the only two Superior goaltenders out there. I could be wrong.

It's at least possible that New Jersey's win now desperation brings them back the 10th overall. Or, Ottawa and their first, maybe even Chickie to boot.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Only Barkov and Ludell drafted by Florida.

Bennett 4th overall.

Remember when Reinhart was considered a bust and Panthers were fools for giving up a first-round draft pick for him?
Zito seems to concentrate on trading for pedigree more often than not. I know I've smugly expressed doubt on several of them over the years, only to look like an idiot in hindsight.

Somehow, it almost always seems to work for him. It seems like something that should translate for non-Zito GMs.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012

Duclair?

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Why has he only played 50%? Injuries and personal issues

Ok? :dunno:

No it's not duclair. If this person was a FA what kind of contract would you be willing to sign them to?
Hmmm, probably 1-2 years and $3.5M to $4.5M AAV. Depends if the player brings anything else to table apart from their production.

Reactions: ON3M4N

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Exactly. Not saying I want him, just that maybe the oilers want to move on from him after seeing these playoffs and try to take advantage of a bonafide 1c in Draisaitl hitting the market and staple Nurse to him. That contract is aging poorly and I wouldn’t be surprised to see him on the market within the next season or so.
Nurse being sent to TO wouldn't be surprising as they love overspending on players.
Perhaps also Pitt as they have a dimwit for a GM.

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Never listened to BUR. Sometimes Mom would listen to WTAG or WHDH if the Red Sox were playing on the west coast. Otherwise it was WBZ all the time
I think that they used to brag about having a "50,000 watt" station. IIRC they used to say that they were/are "heard in 36 states." I think WHDH with Eddie Andelman was all (or mostly) sports talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad