Prospect Info: Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread: 2023-2024 Edition

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Reactions: farscape1

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
yager was dominant last year I think once a guy is drafted a team should be able to put them in their minor leagues if they and the player agree to it. I think if he has a nice preseason give him that 9 game tryout in the NHL to at least see what the pros do and how they act and prepare for games.
sully will play him a whole 2.00 min. in each of those games on the forth line.

Reactions: Maninthebox87

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
For what? For the long term viability of this team it's best the dinosaurs leave 1st, or are on their very last legs. If you're trying to hold out hope Yager can help sneak us into the post season you're expecting too much too soon. Yagers impact will likely not start to be felt to any large degree until '26.
There are plenty of teams who have been icing raw/incomplete players because they desire a specific skillset the player has. If that kid can beat NHL goalies, he should get a chance.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Yager probably back to juniors and next year in WB would allow for maturing both mentally and physically. He can add another 10 pounds or more and be ready for prime time as number 2 center by then. Pens added RH D up the kazoo this draft. Next draft RW's if there is where the need is.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
There are plenty of teams who have been icing raw/incomplete players because they desire a specific skillset the player has. If that kid can beat NHL goalies, he should get a chance.
If you're agenda is to gain a few points throughout the season, maybe. I want us to plummet. Save him for next season after we get a top 8 pick.

Let’s just sign him and send him to WB/S. What are they gonna do, call the cops?
How about just sign him, period?

Mr. T

Feb 15, 2003
Trying to have a calorie surplus while trying to be a professional hockey player has to be hard.
Easier when you retire

1720325699379.png

Reactions: eXile3

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad