Prospect Info: Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread: 2023-2024 Edition

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Hey! I've been eyeing McDonald a bit but I don't know that much about him. Good ECHL record, then went to the USHL and has been really good there too. So a nice mix of working with pros and working with kids, I guess. I've watched a few interviews with him but don't have any take-aways. Just seems like.. a pretty typical coach.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Yeah, I'm tentatively excited about him if he's good at developing because we've sucked at that for a while. On the other hand, as someone (I think @SomeDude ?) pointed out, this absolutely means Sully's going nowhere.

Reactions: Andy99

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Hey! I've been eyeing McDonald a bit but I don't know that much about him. Good ECHL record, then went to the USHL and has been really good there too. So a nice mix of working with pros and working with kids, I guess. I've watched a few interviews with him but don't have any take-aways. Just seems like.. a pretty typical coach.
cancer survivor..he is not taking anything for granted...I like that,

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Yeah, I'm tentatively excited about him if he's good at developing because we've sucked at that for a while. On the other hand, as someone (I think @SomeDude ?) pointed out, this absolutely means Sully's going nowhere.

Bro he never was. He is coaching the USA 2026 olympics team. He will not be fired before that.

If anything this guy was hired to replace him in 3 years if we are lucky.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Corey Pronman did an entire 7 round mock draft based on his evaluations of prospects and team needs.

Penguins picks:
44 - Lucas Pettersson, C, Modo Jr. (SWEDEN-JR.)

46 - Ryder Ritchie, RW, Prince Albert (WHL)

111 - Matvei Korotky, C, Ska St. Petersburg Jr. (RUSSIA-JR.)

175 - Andrey Krutov, LW, Nizhny Novgorod Jr. (RUSSIA-JR.)

207 - Axel Nyman, G, Rogle Jr. (SWEDEN-JR.)

223 - Zachary Sharp, D, Cedar Rapids (USHL)

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
I would be shocked if they passed on Richie with their first pick. (i think he's more a first-round pick)
Pettersson should go right around where we are picking. imo

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Pettersson would be a good pick up. I talked about him a couple pages ago as a guy I see as a "safe pick".

Clearly guys with the last name Pettersson do well in this league so, makes sense.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Yeah, not too interested in safe picks…this team needs to swing for the fences on greatness lol…also, I know we need centers but we need D equally as much…I don’t see us waiting as long as Pronman predicts to select a D man…

Reactions: SEALBound

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Was he the captain? I remember one right shooting forward standing out to me but I think he was wearing the C.
Nope, Martone was team Canada's captain.

I would be shocked if they passed on Richie with their first pick. (i think he's more a first-round pick)
Pettersson should go right around where we are picking. imo
Looking at most rankings he is anywhere between 30 and 45. I wonder if they would move up if he is still on the board after the 1st round

Reactions: The Old Master

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
Looking at most rankings he is anywhere between 30 and 45. I wonder if they would move up if he is still on the board after the 1st round
the biggest reason he might drop is because he's been hut most of the year. so, depending on the cost, sure i would be looking at it. but that's the kind of guys i think we should be looking for. a guy that's for some reason or another drops.

Rudy Russo

Mar 16, 2018
ZZYZX, California
Corey Pronman did an entire 7 round mock draft based on his evaluations of prospects and team needs.

Penguins picks:
44 - Lucas Pettersson, C, Modo Jr. (SWEDEN-JR.)

46 - Ryder Ritchie, RW, Prince Albert (WHL)

111 - Matvei Korotky, C, Ska St. Petersburg Jr. (RUSSIA-JR.)

175 - Andrey Krutov, LW, Nizhny Novgorod Jr. (RUSSIA-JR.)

207 - Axel Nyman, G, Rogle Jr. (SWEDEN-JR.)

223 - Zachary Sharp, D, Cedar Rapids (USHL)
Ryder Ritchie would be a steal for the penguins if he falls to the pens at #46. (or at #44)

Rudy Russo

Mar 16, 2018
ZZYZX, California
The hockey writers 2024 Pittsburgh Penguins mock draft:

44- Jett Luchanko- center
46- John Mustard- Left Wing
111- John Whipple- LHD
175- Xavier Veilleux- LHD
207- Jack Bodin- RHD
225- Ruslan Gazizov- Forward

:wave:

Kasperi kapanen

Jul 23, 2014
Any love for Dominik Badinka? Big, smooth skating,
RHD. Plays a two-way game, lots of potential imo. Projected late 1st - Mid 2nd I believe. Also has a killer name lmao.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad