Confirmed Trade: [PIT/WPG] Rutger McGroarty for Brayden Yager

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Maybe if the Jets AHL affiliate was some place in the United States instead of Winnipeg he would have considered signing?
From what came out was that he wanted to sign with the Jets after his season in college ended, but the Jets were trying to get as high in the standings as they could and didn't have a spot for him in the NHL.

He got mad and didn't want to sign and right now it seems the Jets were more than correct to not give him a place.

It's very much the same as Cutter Gauthier it seems. Wanted to sign, Philly didn't want to because of bonuses and potential cap issues, he pouted and got dealt.

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
All official statements from GMs and agent say “we don’t know why”, but our reporters were quite confident that it was a usage issue. We even got the rumors that Rutger dictated usage to any potential trade destination. I refuse to believe this was baseless. Great leadership 🙄 Either way, enjoy the minors Rutger. Looks like it suits him.
So if that’s the case his ego got bruised being sent to the minors. Go call your agent and ask for another trade.

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
That “wanted guaranteed NHL spot” was debunked the day he was traded (by Chevy). It appears he just didn’t want to play in Winnipeg. I wished he was more honest about it instead of pretending everything was ok for almost a full year. No matter, in the end Chevy did very well in the trade and I’m excited for Yagers future in Winnipeg.
It wasn’t debunked. Rutger leaked out through MULTIPLE sources he didn’t like how the Jets handled young players. Just because he and his agent are cowards and wouldn’t say it to Chevy’s face doesn’t walk that back.

Reactions: Craig Ludwig

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
It wasn’t debunked. Rutger leaked out through MULTIPLE sources he didn’t like how the Jets handled young players. Just because he and his agent are cowards and wouldn’t say it to Chevy’s face doesn’t walk that back.
Weird he'd accept a trade to Pittsburgh/sign with Pittsburgh if that were the case. Sullivan's one of the worst coaches in the league with regards to young player usage and developing their offensive games.

Reactions: Khelandros

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Weird he'd accept a trade to Pittsburgh/sign with Pittsburgh if that were the case. Sullivan's one of the worst coaches in the league with regards to young player usage and developing their offensive games.

He came to Winnipeg last summer and basically wanted no part of living in the city for the next 7 years end of story. Who cares at this point its over and he is out and we will hate him every time we play him

Reactions: TLEH

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad