Prospect Info: Blues 2024-2025 Prospect Thread

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Love them both, but I’m not sure Otto has enough offensive upside to play on the top line imo. To me, he seems like a very good all around 3rd liner with 2nd line potential. But hell, who knows.
There was a 12-18 month period about 11 years or so ago where Alex Steen was our best forward and I have imaginings of Otto outstripping expectations in a similar fashion

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
There was a 12-18 month period about 11 years or so ago where Alex Steen was our best forward and I have imaginings of Otto outstripping expectations in a similar fashion

True, but that top line of Steen - Backes - Oshie wasn’t a cup caliber top line imo.

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
I've seen about 20 games of Otto Stenberg by now and I don't see a top line player. I see an impactful two-way, middle-6 winger (most likely a 2nd line player during his prime).

Maybe there's some untapped offensive potential in there, but I see a guy who will be defensively responsible, contribute to a strong possession game and be a shut-down guy on the PK while scoring 20 goals a season and setting up 25-35 more. He's the type of player that won't wow you on the scoresheet but his underlying metrics are going to be strong.

His compete level is through the roof and he's going to be a pain in the ass to play against. He's definitely going to be a fan favorite.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
I've seen about 20 games of Otto Stenberg by now and I don't see a top line player. I see an impactful two-way, middle-6 winger (most likely a 2nd line player during his prime).

Maybe there's some untapped offensive potential in there, but I see a guy who will be defensively responsible, contribute to a strong possession game and be a shut-down guy on the PK while scoring 20 goals a season and setting up 25-35 more. He's the type of player that won't wow you on the scoresheet but his underlying metrics are going to be strong.

His compete level is through the roof and he's going to be a pain in the ass to play against. He's definitely going to be a fan favorite.

I don't think he was ever projected to be a top line player. I kind of view his trajectory to be similar to Steen's. A reliable middle six workhorse.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
If anything, id say it makes binner more expendable next season/ beyond and gives us some comfort knowing we have a legit (and big) long term solution in net for the thomas, buch, kyrou,Holloway, bolduc, dvorsky, snuggerud, stenberg, neighbours, Broberg lindstein, jiricek era in 2+ years

with all that being said, anyone else sense a kyrou for werenski trade on the docket a year or so from now? lol

Why? We have a ton of D and Werebski isn’t healthy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad