Confirmed Trade: [PIT/VAN] Erik Gudbranson for Tanner Pearson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Think this is a good move for the Nucks, Pearson has had a tough year but he should return to being a 2nd/3rd line tweener who does a bit of everything even if he is a little vanilla.

Thats nice to know. Horvat has had a revolving door of wingers this year including; Eriksson, Goldobin, Motte, Leivo, Schaller, McEwen, Virtanen, Roussel. Exc. Pretty sure Green was going to try the equiptment guy on his wing next.

So the door is wide open for Pearson, he should be better than most if not all of those options.

Guddy never worked out here but he can be a bit better than he has been this year. Between battling injuries & expectations it seemed like he declined year after year here. Maybe the reset & getting out of the spotlight again will help him.

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
Even if you want to trade Pearson, surely you can find a better return than Gudbranson. He garnered a better return earlier this season. I don't get it.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Pittsburgh and Kings fans, has Pearson's skating and speed taken a step back? How is it
He's skating is a bit above average. He was always tenacious and crashing the net type of player but he hasn't been the same after he broke his leg.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Gudbranson is better than he's shown in Vancouver. I think this is a reasonable safe move for Pittsburgh.

No he’s not, what he showed in Vancouver is exactly what he is. He’s terrible, look at his advanced stats.

But, he can give Wilson a good fight, if he actually decides to drop the gloves.

Reactions: TraderJim

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
He's skating is a bit above average. He was always tenacious and crashing the net type of player but he hasn't been the same after he broke his leg.

good to know thanks

don't think that's the type of injury that should limit him from reaching back to form, but I can see it mentally

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
How do you basically convert an expiring contract (Hagelin) into a glorified multi-year cap dump?

This is some of JR's worst work as a GM.

Pearson is better than this

and well for this trade, they both have the same term length

Gudbranson is more expensive by 250k

this reminds me of all the Ron Hainsey bashing until he became a top 4D in Pitts

get to see Gudbranson with the Pens before judging him i'd say

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Pittsburgh makes yet another terrible move to try to answer Tom Wilson?

i think that is the explanation.

watching gudbranson for the past three years as a glass half full guy has been a challenge. even allowing for all the intangibles in the world he had two horrific seasons with us, and then this year has gradually sunk into another pit of terrible. if there was ever a case for addition by subtraction he may be it.

trying to be positive for pens fans, pittsburgh may get a better performance out of him pairing him with veteran dmen who controls the pairing. the biggest problem for us with gudbranson is that we had to play him with green dmen who can't lead him, cannot compensate for him and who he regularly hangs out to dry to the point of hurting their development. the happiest canucks today should be hutton, sautner, and pouliot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad