Confirmed Signing with Link: [PIT] Jeff Carter signs extension (2 years, $3.125M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Still producing. Getting close to 40 but he’s still an effective player. Seems like a decent deal for both sides. He’s been good for PIT
He turns 37 later this year. 2 years. Means that as a 35+ deal that $3.25 in 23-24 will hit the Pens books if he retires.

Reactions: w e l o s t b o y s

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Unexpected but not shocking. Overall, he's produced well here and did well in the top 6. Though there are times (and entire games) where you remember he's 36.

Would have been more comfortable around $2mil but I'm not going to rage. I would love to see us bring in a good young dynamic 3C and stick Carter at wing.

Reactions: RSPens

GJB

Dr. Hook
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2002
He's just going to be playing roller hockey in Switzerland in the Summer, reports were incorrect

Reactions: Holy Slapshot

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Pens like centers and he fits a need as a bigger RH center who can play down low as well and his skating is still good. With TB and Carter losts of flexibility and depth. Now sign Geno for 9aav for 3years and Letang for 7aav as well and you have depth and keep the gang going for the home stretch.

Reactions: kerrabria

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Still kinda funny to me that Bob is 90% retired and breaks more things than Dreger.
All you have to do now is network on your phone and have twitter. He just grew tired of the studio and radio appearance grind. Not like his network just evaporated.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
He turns 37 later this year. 2 years. Means that as a 35+ deal that $3.25 in 23-24 will hit the Pens books if he retires.

I don't think this is how 35+ contracts work anymore. I thought that only happened with deals that have signing bonuses.

Per the MOU, if the salary is flat or increases year to year and if applicable, any signing bonus money is in Year 1 only, there's no penalty.

I'm sure his contract will be structured in such a way.

Last edited:
Reactions: mouser

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
All you have to do now is network on your phone and have twitter. He just grew tired of the studio and radio appearance grind. Not like his network just evaporated.

He did say he was always on call before and was glued to his phone 24/7 essentially but I am guessing now he gets bored once in a while, asks around what's up, gets the scoop and it's done. The network didn't disappear, Bob just doing Bob things until he wants to put in those part time hours.

I love it though, Big Mack is awesome.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
Pens like centers and he fits a need as a bigger RH center who can play down low as well and his skating is still good. With TB and Carter losts of flexibility and depth. Now sign Geno for 9aav for 3years and Letang for 7aav as well and you have depth and keep the gang going for the home stretch.
Sign them both for 5mil AAV. Letang is worth more than Geno at this point.

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
is there a PIT in Switzerland?

No, but there is a Switzerland in Pennsylvania... Jim Thorpe Pennsylvania. AKA the Switzerland of Pennsylvania.

Carter was looking at a summer house in Jim Thorpe and was describing it on a cell phone call in a Starbucks.

Unfortunately, Ekland had been secretly tailing Carter, trying to get a scoop to drive some traffic to financially struggling HockeyBuzz.

The rest is history....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad