OT: Pirates Talk: That Skenes guy is okay at teh baseball

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
1727037919996.png

• Wow
Reactions: BusinessGoose

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Not that anyone watched this game over the Steelers game, but if this is Skenes' last start, he went out with a bang. 9 strikeouts and only 2 hits against in 5 innings, I'm guessing he was pulled so he can get another start.

Also Yorke had his first HR, I think he could be a really good hitter for them next year.
How did Nick look at ss

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I didn't watch the game so I can't comment, but I think the big worry I have with Gonzales at SS is that his arm is really weak. He does have good range though (at least at 2B), so I think he could be passable at SS. That being said, it's really not a good idea to plan on that being option A going into next year.

I think they're better off pushing Yorke to LF and keeping Gonzales at 2B, or perhaps go the opposite way. I don't think either Yorke or Gonzales have the arm to be effective SS or 3B in the long run.

Reactions: GilbertSeinfeld

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Ikf arm isn’t great for ss or range. The only way they put Nick or Yorke in Left is if Reynolds moves to 1st unless they want to rotate DH because they know Cutch isn’t going to play 120 games will be interesting going into the winter meetings

GilbertSeinfeld

Mar 4, 2024
Nothing matter unless there is, at least, new management.

I'd like to see Cherington gone, too, but, at the very least, Shelton and his band of flunkies need removed.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Ikf arm isn’t great for ss or range. The only way they put Nick or Yorke in Left is if Reynolds moves to 1st unless they want to rotate DH because they know Cutch isn’t going to play 120 games will be interesting going into the winter meetings

Reynolds to 1B is absolutely something they should be doing.

McCutchen at DH, Reynolds at 1B, Yorke (or whoever wins the role, but I think Yorke's bat will let him win it) in LF and bring in a legitimate bat to play RF.

GilbertSeinfeld

Mar 4, 2024
The Reds fired their manager basically as soon as they lost yesterday.

He had signed a three year extension this off season, so there you go, Pirates, it IS possible.

• Haha
Reactions: BusinessGoose

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad