OT: Pirates Talk: That Skenes guy is okay at teh baseball

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Not that anyone watched this game over the Steelers game, but if this is Skenes' last start, he went out with a bang. 9 strikeouts and only 2 hits against in 5 innings, I'm guessing he was pulled so he can get another start.

Also Yorke had his first HR, I think he could be a really good hitter for them next year.

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
1727037919996.png

• Wow
Reactions: BusinessGoose

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Not that anyone watched this game over the Steelers game, but if this is Skenes' last start, he went out with a bang. 9 strikeouts and only 2 hits against in 5 innings, I'm guessing he was pulled so he can get another start.

Also Yorke had his first HR, I think he could be a really good hitter for them next year.
How did Nick look at ss

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I didn't watch the game so I can't comment, but I think the big worry I have with Gonzales at SS is that his arm is really weak. He does have good range though (at least at 2B), so I think he could be passable at SS. That being said, it's really not a good idea to plan on that being option A going into next year.

I think they're better off pushing Yorke to LF and keeping Gonzales at 2B, or perhaps do the opposite way. I don't think either Yorke or Gonzales have the arm to be effective SS or 3B in the long run.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad