Post-Game Talk: Pingu

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Still a little pissed about that “possession” from Pittsburgh on their penalty at the end of the game.

Refs were going to do whatever they could to give them as much ES time as possible at the end.

Reactions: egelband

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
Yes. Smart coaching.
Eh, I don’t think it’s that clear cut. They gave up a great opportunity and barely even played whatever shitty version of keep away they planned on doing. I think there’s a lot of downside to putting a new 5 man unit out there in an unfamiliar situation

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
It's crazy that Laf is on pace for more than 50% of his previous 3 seasons total goals and points.

I still expect him to finish around 30/20 for 50 points, but it will still be a major leap for him.

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
So, who is more important to this team: Offensive wizard Fox, or offensive clod Lindgren? Take Lindgren out and the D looks horrendous. Take Fox out and the points keep coming...
The problem with Lindgren out is that we are left with Miller, Gus and Jones at LD. None of the 3 are defensive minded. I actually think we miss Fox more for his defense. We replace an excellent 2 way defenseman with an offensive guy in Jones who is suspect on D. Look at tonight, both Miller and Trouba took penalties. Our 2nd PK unit was Schneider and Gus. Not ideal. I guess my point is, with the makeup of our defense, losing the few that play great defense hurts more than the great offensive guy.

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
Eh, I don’t think it’s that clear cut. They gave up a great opportunity and barely even played whatever shitty version of keep away they planned on doing. I think there’s a lot of downside to putting a new 5 man unit out there in an unfamiliar situation
Somehow we ended up with a pairing of Trouba and Lindgren for half of that PP. When they put out Gus and Miller for the 1st minute, did they have a plan for the second half? They couldn't have concluded that was optimum.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Imagine losing after being gifted all those PP's. Sad.
They called a couple penalties on Pitt but they were plays the rangers had grade a scoring chances taken away. They gave Pitt every effing break otherwise. Freebies. Aside from the puck over the glass. But is the glass not lower where Trouba shot it? Either way, that was domination as much as NHL officials will allow it in a home barn.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
man its crazy i feel more confident in quick to hold a shutout than igor right now.
I’ve never been a believer. I’ve not imbibed the Allaire Kool-Aid. But now I’m starting to believe. Quick was absolutely lost for a good while. Now he’s so damn nice.

Reactions: bl02

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Rangers have been doing their thing this year with like 2 actual lines. Our defense and goaltending has been just excellent. The "2nd" line has as much talent as just about anyone else, no matter what the main boards say.

Now it is pretty clear we must sign Patty Kane!
I’d say all four lines have been playing good defense. And that’s the first priority. Scoring is a different animal. If the team plays this good defense every game the goals will come.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I'd save him for Boston
I think the play is Quick versus Philly and if they win that Igor has a little fire in the belly to go nuts on Boston. Could backfire, of course. But I’m not the coach.

On a serious note..I'm not sure what Lav is going to do with Mika and Kreider,but we are getting nothing from either at even strength.We are basically a 1 line team and a bunch of misfit toys without an island
As someone who has criticized Kreider’s 5-on-5 play, I’m actually very happy with what he’s doing this year. He’s playing grittier, a style more appropriate to his skill set.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
8pnQP1l.png
I’m so glad I never waded into the dumb ‘why did stupid Drury sign stupid Quick’ discussions.

I shall bestoweth upon Quick an official forgiveness ceremony for 2014.

I'll just be that much madder at Drew Doughty instead.
That’s funny.

WhereO Is Kakko

Mar 24, 2022
Quick was absolutely on fire, but I just saw a stat that confirmed something I saw early on.

Seemed in the first 30 minutes there were four Pen chances skating in on Quick from the left side where each player got within six feet and aimed for the one-square-inch over his right shoulder, but they all missed the net.

Turns out the Pens ended up with a total of 18 shots (“chances”) missing the net! An inch here, an inch there and who knows.

No one is gonna talk about Barkley Goodrow missing from the poll?
Pro tip to the poll maker - put his name in as Saquon Goodrow next post-game. See if that gets him any votes :)

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
how the f*** is the game not blown dead when the goalie is lacking equipment? pretty sure the glove is knocked off by a pen skating the crease at well.
Insanity. Even if Quick throws his glove into the stands the refs should stop play. Give the pens a penalty shot or a power play or whatever. But safety should be priority one. But clearly the league hasn’t given this one any thought because, you know, they’ve only had a hundred years.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Quick was absolutely on fire, but I just saw a stat that confirmed something I saw early on.

Seemed in the first 30 minutes there were four Pen chances skating in on Quick from the left side where each player got within six feet and aimed for the one-square-inch over his right shoulder, but they all missed the net.

Turns out the Pens ended up with a total of 18 shots (“chances”) missing the net! An inch here, an inch there and who knows.
An inch here and an inch there and maybe those pucks just hit the goalie in good position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad