Pierre Luc Dubois explains for his poor performance in L.A.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Dubois would probably have trouble putting a square block to a square hole (without coaching), much more building something as difficult as a Lego car from the 90's.
Anze Kopitar once gave Pierre Luc Dubois a lego set as a welcome gift that was for 8+ year olds and Pierre told him "Why is this going to take me 8+ years to build?"

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I wonder if the NHL and HC will ever get to the root of the issue (and the elephant in the room) regarding these kids. Something is really starting to stink in the QMJHL with so many talented kids flaking out at the NHL level.

Reactions: Kimota

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
My dude, your optimal style of hockey is literally just skate hard, hit people, and drive the net. It's not that complicated. You aren't that skilled. Just play hard-nosed hockey.

We all wished he did, God knows he has the tools for it but it has never happened.

In all the players I have seen, I have never seen one I so wished he would be coached by Mike Kennan than PLD. He would whip him into shape into being a true power forward. Other players should be scared even getting close to PLD. Just think Cam Neely. Drop em once in a while.

Soapdodger

Dec 31, 2007
I am really curious how he will be playing in Washington.
I think Spencer Carbery could be the couch to get to him and push the right buttons.
Personally I wouldn't be shocked if PLD gets back to his usual 60 points plateau.

Still a big if but probably a risk worth taking for the Caps in their situation.

As for the Kings: this trade will be a black eye on their history no matter who is to blame for PLDs performance.
It's really sad, just imagine what they could have done instead of acquiring PLD

ReimanSum1908

Feb 23, 2012
Montreal
I am really curious how he will be playing in Washington.
I think Spencer Carbery could be the couch to get to him and push the right buttons.
Personally I wouldn't be shocked if PLD gets back to his usual 60 points plateau.

Still a big if but probably a risk worth taking for the Caps in their situation.

As for the Kings: this trade will be a black eye on their history no matter who is to blame for PLDs performance.
It's really sad, just imagine what they could have done instead of acquiring PLD
Not really a risk when the franchise's only reason for existing at this point - and I don't mean that in a dismissive sense but simply that this is their entire purpose and collective aim, the GM's mandate - is to ensure that Ovi breaks the league goal-scoring record. Bringing in talent like Dubois on the cheap to help them achieve a modicum of success in the regular season, delaying a complete tear-down rebuild, is worth it as one of the best methods to realize that aim.

Reactions: Vector

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
The audacity of this clown. He sucked so bad that they had him on a “gold star” system and started praising him when he would do things right that didn’t included goals or assists. I never heard of any other prayer being coddled like that on the team. They held his hand every step of the way and he was just too dumb to get it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad