Pierre Luc Dubois explains for his poor performance in L.A.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
And that's okay
So far any team that has held his rights disagrees, except for whoever is the next team to test the hypothesis, the latest being Washington. The pattern is already established.

If it was ok, his “performance” would be acceptable to teams versus them each trying to dump him faster than they aquired him. Initially they all believed he was “fixable”.

Until he is, he isn’t. Eventually he’s not.

Reactions: Coffees

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Me me me me me, Dubois loves to talk about himself and only himself. It's always about him. His needs will always come first before his team.

View attachment 906679View attachment 906680View attachment 906681
View attachment 906683View attachment 906693
Well I'm pretty damn sure Tortorella was VERY CLEAR with his directions.
That didn't work to well for you in the long run did it.

Reactions: Shark Finn

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Guys, he just forgot how to hockey. It wasn't explained to him how to hockey the entire time he was brought on as an $8.5M/year 3rd overall pick center and they left gray areas in what they wanted him to do. They didn't explicitly tell him to keep the puck out of the net, fight around the boards, or skate hard, so he got confused and didn't do it.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
When I heard that the Kings had him on a "gold star system"--as in he'd receive a gold star whenever he did something right--I cringed so hard and even felt ever so slightly bad for him that he was being treated like a kindergartner who needed stickers for tying for his shoes. Lo and behold, it turns out that he not only needed but wanted to be treated like that. :whaaa?:

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
When I heard that the Kings had him on a "gold star system"--as in he'd receive a gold star whenever he did something right--I cringed so hard and even felt ever so slightly bad for him that he was being treated like a kindergartner who needed stickers for tying for his shoes. Lo and behold, it turns out that he not only needed but wanted to be treated like that. :whaaa?:
You get a gold star for this post!

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
PLD can talk all he wants. Those are just words. He’s a selfish, overpaid, slug of a player until he proves otherwise.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Is this actually true? If it is... it should raise a pile of questions about a pile of people. Top to bottom.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
please link me to this. This is hilarious
It’s hard to find any quotes on it since it was interview with the Kings coaching staff. I am sure other Kings fans can find it but yes it’s true, the coaching team said they implemented a gold star system so they can let him know when he’s doing something good/right.

I wish I was joking. That interview with the coaching staff let us know just how bad shit is with him.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Also, what hockey player calls it an exchange and not a trade?
His ego prevents his brain from admitting he got traded again. So he's going with "exchange", that sounds better to him cause it's just like exchanging money on the many vacations he dreams of having when he's supposed to be listening to the coach.

Reactions: Oddbob

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Carbery: "Hey Ovie, gotta take a raincheck on showing you that new PP formation, I have to show PLD how to tie his skates EXACTLY."

Okay. I'm done. The PLD storyline continues to be hilarious to me.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
It’s hard to find any quotes on it since it was interview with the Kings coaching staff. I am sure other Kings fans can find it but yes it’s true, the coaching team said they implemented a gold star system so they can let him know when he’s doing something good/right.

I wish I was joking. That interview with the coaching staff let us know just how bad shit is with him.
Fox also referenced it during game broadcast, more than once IIRC.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
His ego prevents his brain from admitting he got traded again. So he's going with "exchange", that sounds better to him cause it's just like exchanging money on the many vacations he dreams of having when he's supposed to be listening to the coach.

There are some weird choices of words, I presumed it was translated from french
The french word for "Trade" is "échange"; a bad translation would come out as "Exchange".

Based on his answers, Dubois sounds more high-maintenance than lazy or dumb. I won't crap on him for admitting he needs more guidance than average; it just means he needs a certain type of coach in order to thrive. Sure, he's still a highly-paid pro who's expected to perform, however not every athlete is wired the same. We forget pro athletes are still young men in their 20s, some of whom need more TLC than others. Washington may be able to get from Dubois what LA couldn't, provide their staff has a different leadership style.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad