Pierre Luc Dubois explains for his poor performance in L.A.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
If you're not given clear direction, maybe you should ask
I agree with that, although in Tolvanen's case he said he tried, Hynes just didn't. Would go along way into why Hynes has never been viewed as a good coach.

I also don't know a thing about LA's coaching staff, so I have no clue if they would be the type to just blow him off or if he was just wondering around with his head pointed down wondering why he couldn't see the stars.

My point is though, its pretty obvious that some of these NHL coaches stink at communicating.

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

CuuuJooo

May 28, 2021
here is the orginal French article for anyone who wants to what he actually said. some of the translations seem a little off

He does come off as a little more self-aware in the original interview.

But not much.

Shark Finn

∀dministrator
Jan 5, 2012
Herwood
Blake is a f***ing moron for trading for PLD and extending him. How long before he runs into trouble with the Caps?

Last edited by a moderator:

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2012
You’re a professional hockey player and you need one on one direction on what is expected of you? Gray areas “confuse” you?

Unreal

Reactions: glovesave_35

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
I hate to say it because I think he's a massive loser but I do think he's about to have a good year in Washington. Carbury is a good coach and whether it's just copium or not the lack of communication certainly won't be a problem

Chileiceman

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
I get the impression that Carbury takes a more hands-on approach with his players, so if indeed that is what Dubois needs, it might be a decent fit.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
As someone who also doesn't always do well with grey areas, and struggles socially, I have suspected I am on the Autism spectrum for while. So I'm not going to cast judgement based on these comments.

Reactions: Toene

Jeune Poulet

Oct 31, 2019
Habs Fanatics is one of those shitty sites where illiterate "writers" use the hard work and reporting of actual journalists and twist it out of context to produce click bait articles.

You are not a more informed person when you pay attention to that crap. You're less informed.

And when you share your opinion about this bullshitty non-information, you're basically saying: "hey I have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about but I still feel like adding to the pile of non information with my own uninformed shit take."

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
He needs a psychiatrist/psychologist. There are plenty of other NHL players who rely upon them. Not sure why he hasn't gone that route yet.
Within any dynamic, it is usually the person who most needs therapy that is the last/most resistant to getting it

If you assume that “nothing is your fault” (not true about anyone ever), why would you seek therapy? And if “everything is” (also never the case), how could you not?

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
I don’t like him !

I’m from Winnipeg / season ticket holder and saw his raw potential / if only he gave a 💩!!!!!

I drafted him high on my local hockey draft last year. As I thought he would put up at least 1 really good year in L.A. B4 he started sulking and turn into his over privileged prima donna attitude.

I was wrong he wasted no time and was a bag a crap / right from the get go!

At Least he didn’t go all Hollywood and dress up in a nurses outfit in his time in LA….. like another high Quebec draft pick that failed to reach expected levels of performance.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
There’s a rumor that Rob Blake donned full pads to go out on the ice and work with PLD last season. If that’s not enough 1-1 work I don’t know what is. He’s just a walking excuse.

Right here.

Screenshot_20240913_091213_Chrome.jpg

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I don't know how to move my ass to get to open areas, shoot the puck at the net, or pass to players open in position to score unless someone tells me exactly how.

Yeah okay. Good luck with him Washington.

Reactions: Oilslick941611

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Dubois is likely centering the Caps top line this season (at least to start) and will likely have Mangiapane on his wing. He will get every opportunity to produce offensively and will be on the #1PP unit. I wouldn't be surprised if he manages to put up 75pts this season if Carbery can get him motivated to play like when he was a Jet during the Bubble year.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
He struggled with the system the Kings employ, which is forgivable in the sense that it is a terrible way to play hockey. I get that, nobody wants to nullify instead of attack. But he just refused to try and everybody on-ice AND off-ice struggled.

He is also rumored to be a huge part of the reason why he relationship between the Kings and Kaliyev broke down last year. Kaliyev would be benched for entire periods for missing spots that Dubois missed every shift, and Dubois received one on one training and support while the kids would just be shut down. That makes sense given the magnitude of the investment they made, but it just killed the kids confidence.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad