Value of: Pick #13. BUF looking for top 4 RD

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Hamilton is the comp you’re looking for. That was a mid-1st and early-2nd coming for a RHD coming off his ELC. However, that one gets spoiled a bit by Ristolainen getting the same return basically with 1 season left until UFA years later.

It probably isn’t going to make that player available, but can be competitive if the player is made available for another reason.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Hamilton is the comp you’re looking for. That was a mid-1st and early-2nd coming for a RHD coming off his ELC. However, that one gets spoiled a bit by Ristolainen getting the same return basically with 1 season left until UFA years later.

It probably isn’t going to make that player available, but can be competitive if the player is made available for another reason.

buffalo also doesn’t really need a high profile D like Hamilton who wants a big payday.

irrelevant of offering up the pick….

buffalo would be looking for a more low profile D to acquire that wouldn’t cost $7M+ to resign.

I think they want someone with 3-4 yrs left/ team control who costs under $5M

they use this pick or a 1st if they flip it in a trade for a later 1stv and draft a RD for future who isn’t rushed.

Can Erik Karlsson fit on Buffalo’s roster with the right deal?
No

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Chychrun is a LD who has played on right side.

Romanov was decent enough. Coming off an ELC he had 4+ yrs of team control. I understand why the Isles did it.

are you still looking for thst top 5 pick getting traded?
I never bothered to look because I know none have been traded but neither has a top 2/3 RHD under 25 with 4+ years of team control.

Just the mere fact that you’re serious about « potentially » moving the 13th for that makes me laugh. I would trade Montreal’s 5OA in a heartbeat for the same player you’re looking to acquire for the 13th. I guess that counts as a top 5 pick?

MoneyManny

Jun 28, 2021
You will get garbage proposals…

to get 13OA it would be someone either on ELC or ELC just ended, or they finished year 1 of a 6+ yr contract signed after an ELC ended.

The player would have to be U25 and 4+ yrs of team control Who would be a 2/3 D. And actually shoots right, not just plays on right side.
13oa gets you Alexander Romanov dude, don't go crazy now.

Reactions: Leafshater67

randywoodsghost

Jul 13, 2022
Petry might make this team marginally better but Adams better aim higher this offseason.

The drought has to end next season and with all of his assets, Adams better swing for the fences.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
I don't think so. I have Buffalo making the playoffs next year but it'll be a few years before they really start contending (naturally given how young their roster is). By the time their window opens, Karlsson may be on the decline. He had a fantastic season at 32 but who knows how he'll play at 35.

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
A Dylan Demelo type player would be the ideal target. Defensively solid, can play second line minutes, and probably won't be that expensive to re-sign. You probably could target Demelo himself but he may be older than you'd like (he's 29).

Reactions: Ricky Bobby

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

I don't think it would work. Not at all a shot at EK - great player, love watching him, just that they already have a lot tied up in their future with Dahlin and Power as PMD's that EK would chunk up their payroll scale and also the situational ice time. They need someone more like what Vlasic was when Vlasic was Vlasic before he turned into... well, Vlasic now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad