Value of: Philly

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
The Flyers have traded the Caps a late first round pick at the draft for a young NHL defenseman and a draft pick that added up to nothing. The Caps used the pick on...

john-carlson.jpg

The Steve Eminger trade

::sigh::

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
Giroux - 1st + 2nd + blue chip prospect

JVR - late first

Braun - late 2nd, early 3rd

Risto - please some dumb GM offer us a first. Pleaseeee

We could rebuild in a single offseason. Unfortunately it won't happen with Fletcher.

Sniped90

Jul 20, 2010
Sherwood Park

JVR - late first

We could rebuild in a single offseason. Unfortunately it won't happen with Fletcher.
The way JVR is playing this year theres no way a team offers a late 1st for him. Lucky to get a late 2nd for him.
Giroux thats just massive overpayment for a rental thats most likely going to just resign in philly anyways after the season. And any money out is money back in for philly. So sure might be able to get that for him if they take on a bit of a contract.
Risto i can see packaged to oilers with Jones and giroux @50% for kassian, kosk, barrie a couple picks and a prospect. I think alot of people will see deals with cap in cap out deals because alot of gms overspent this past couple years.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Giroux retained
Ellis
Jones
Just wondering what theyd be worth at those values. I know ellis just signed but the deal might look sour with him reinjuring his groin. Seems to be injury prone but stilll a good dman when he can play. Does philly try to do a quick rebuild with hart and co while still young.
G 1st and prospect equal to a 1st.
Risto if I get could a 1 back I do it asap. I fear this gm is stupid and to justify the overpay trade with overpay the salary next.
Braun high end 2 low end 3/6
Jones 3. I am calling Edmonton asap and asking if they trust Smith for the playoffs and just need Jones to fill in for next 45 days.
Ellis needs to be healthy which is probably not before deadline.
JVR with 2m retained you can have for 7 and slop expiring contract back just to get rid of that deal

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I can see it now... trading Giroux for a first round pick, then selecting a promising prospect who never develops to their full potential.

Not exactly Nostradamus there. Any pick from a playoff team will be in the bottom half of the 1st where most prospects don’t turn into anything special, if they become full time NHL players at all.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
Let me ask a serious question here.

Why would any team in the NHL want Martin Jones? He is terrible, Jimmy Howard at the end of his career, terrible.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

JVR - late first

The only way that Giroux returns an NHL ready, top half of the line up prospect and a 1st and 2nd round pick as a rental is if there is a bidding war across the league for him. Under what circumstances is a player with NTC shopped to the open market?

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I'd see what value (if any) Ristolainen has.

Braun could return a 3rd on a good day.

See if anyone at all needs a JVR, maybe $2m retained next season.

Waive Brassard and Yandle.

Give Giroux a chance to win somewhere and get a first and a prospect while you're at it.

Clean out the front office entirely and build a new coaching staff.

Trade Konecny and Provorov for a bundle of futures at the draft while they still have perceived value.

Bring back Giroux and sign Gaudreau for some reason.

Hope for the best.

I would have liked to see Provy moved for Eichel and TK. I hope they can move Provy for a large return.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Let me ask a serious question here.

Why would any team in the NHL want Martin Jones? He is terrible, Jimmy Howard at the end of his career, terrible.
I was for trading for Jones when he was on the Sharks. He'd go full Vezina on the Kings. So annoying. Kings were single handedly responsible for boosting his save %.

Sniped90

Jul 20, 2010
Sherwood Park
Even at 50% retention JVR won’t get us a late 1st this year.
to Edm
Giroux @50%-4.1375m X1
Jones-2m X1
Atkinson-5.875m X4
12.0125M

to Phi
Kosk-4.5m X1
Barrie-4.5m X3
Kassian-3.2m X3
22 1ST
23 3RD
24 1ST
12.2M

hows that look? is that close? any ways you look at it philly will more than likely have to take on money no matter what contender they trade with with the very few teams that are in a playoff spot right now. most that have space are getting lucky during their rebuild like ducks and i dont think they risk acquiring tdl players thatll cost them future players while rebuilding.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
to Edm
Giroux @50%-4.1375m X1
Jones-2m X1
Atkinson-5.875m X4
12.0125M

to Phi
Kosk-4.5m X1
Barrie-4.5m X3
Kassian-3.2m X3
22 1ST
23 3RD
24 1ST
12.2M

hows that look? is that close? any ways you look at it philly will more than likely have to take on money no matter what contender they trade with with the very few teams that are in a playoff spot right now. most that have space are getting lucky during their rebuild like ducks and i dont think they risk acquiring tdl players thatll cost them future players while rebuilding.
easy pass
Kassian don't want 2 more years rather have cap
Kost expiring zero value but prefer expiring to up and down Kassian
Barrie I'll pass on the deal too all be it not worst cap contract. York is the future pp1. Might as well play York at that spot day 1 next year.

2 1's for G at 50% top 4 protected you don't get a hang up at the deadline.
Maybe win maybe not see how high offers get.

Jones for a 3 and 6 done

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Can braun skate at all? He is playing top 4 this year ?
Braun is a bottom pairing pk2 d-man at this stage in his career for a contending team. He is playing top 4 because of Ellis injury but he is not a top 4. Of course if players get hurt he can fill in as 4 during playoffs. But 5/6 is more in line. And his speed is below average.

If you want top 4 Flyers D fa pending its Risto.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad