Player Discussion Phillip Danault: What's My Line Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
The difference is that Pageau actually scores. He scored 24 goals the season he got that contract, and it was before the flat cap.
Danault still outscored him (points total ) 3 out of the last 4 season and his better defensively and bigger bodied. Not defending Danault, just saying he has still some intangibles that are valuable. I take Pageau over Danault on my team tough.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Danault still outscored him (points total ) 3 out of the last 4 season and his better defensively and bigger bodied. Not defending Danault, just saying he has still some intangibles that are valuable. I take Pageau over Danault on my team tough.

The problem is that most GM's have short term memory and will be partially looking at what Danault did this season in offering him a contract. If Danault continues to play the way he has this year, I can't see him getting the big pay day he thought.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
IMO I'll get Pageau money ~5M$.

If Danault is lucky enough to get that it’ll only be for a year or two. No way he gets that at 6 years like Pageau the way Danault has been producing.

Pageau was lucky enough to sign that just before the pandemic hit North America. With revenues being down and the cap staying flat it has significantly changed the number of long term deals GM’s have given out to forwards.

Habit11

Dec 18, 2009
Danault currently has the most ice time of all NHL forwards who have scored 0 goals this season with 315 minutes played.

Kind of like if the Yankees used one of the better defensive shortstops in baseball who only hits a home run twice a year in the clean up spot when they are up to bat.

This team, for whatever reason has accepted the likes of Gomez, Plekanec, DD and Danault to occupy territory once held by hall of famers and elite centers. I like Danault, this isn't on him, but they keep hoping for these types of players to be more than who they are, and it's just not how you ice a successful team.

Reactions: Spearmint Rhino

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
This has to be the reason why people crap on him all the time, he's just the definition of unspectacular...

But the numbers are always there to back him up...

You tried to convince us DD was a worthy 1st C. You told us Drouin was actually a good center for us, now you're defending Danault for being almost useless. I actually applaud you from being so fanatic while being wrong so many times.

Last edited:

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Expect to be beaten down for this reality that you have presented.

I’m ready

A0JWQXr.gif

Credit to @Runner77 for the GIF

Last edited:

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Kind of like if the Yankees used one of the better defensive shortstops in baseball who only hits a home run twice a year in the clean up spot when they are up to bat.

This team, for whatever reason has accepted the likes of Gomez, Plekanec, DD and Danault to occupy territory once held by hall of famers and elite centers. I like Danault, this isn't on him, but they keep hoping for these types of players to be more than who they are, and it's just not how you ice a successful team.
No, they don’t want to pay players so they fill the spots with players who could be but will never be to keep you buying hot dogs and beer and thinking about the past glory.

Montreal’s beat offensive player is 5’8” and couldn’t even make the NHL

Reactions: MillanDynasty

CalgarySnow

Oct 21, 2017
Danault has too high of an opinion of himself and will regret not accepting the 6x5. He’s always been off with the scoring but at least he had his FO and defensive play but now he can’t even deliver that. Hopefully Ducharme is going to reduce his time. I wish I could turn down $5m a year for prancing around the ice

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Danault has too high of an opinion of himself and will regret not accepting the 6x5. He’s always been off with the scoring but at least he had his FO and defensive play but now he can’t even deliver that. Hopefully Ducharme is going to reduce his time. I wish I could turn down $5m a year for prancing around the ice

Better for him to have had too high of a belief in himself than low self-esteem.

And I thank him everyday for it, instead of ragging on him. If he hadn't, we'd be stuck with a horrible contract. Hopefully he gets it together. If not, we can go with Suzuki, KK, Evan's, and get a 3c or 4c on the open market.

expy

Nov 2, 2010
Hopefully he won’t be on the roster once Bergevin gets the boot at season’s end.

showed again tonight how terrible of a player he is.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Imagine if, in his heyday of not scoring, we played Scott Gomez 20+ minutes a night, first line duties and started him in OT every time, all while the Habs were struggling.

The Bell Centre would have burned to the ground.

You have a point though I would argue that despite his goal scoring issues, Gomez would have been quite good 3 on 3. He was good at entering the zone and keeping possession. Danault can’t even do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad