Player Discussion Phillip Danault - The Centermania Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Danault got 53 points last year and is on pace for 57 this year. How does that become "has a hard time getting 50 points..."

I don't know if you are still a student, but say you were. If you had grade point averages of 3.0 last year and 3.2 this year, would it make sense for people to say "Kaperi has a hard time getting a 2.8 GPA"?

He has a hard time getting 53 points, if you want. He was on pace for 55 points before last game and I can't see the future.

But you are right.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
He has a hard time getting 53 points, if you want. He was on pace for 55 points before last game and I can't see the future.

But you are right.
"Your son has a hard time getting B+'s in school"

"But he's got only A's the last two years!"

"OK, he has a hard time getting A's".

It's still an unnecessary, negative spin intended to subtly boost your argument to people not paying attention.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
"Your son has a hard time getting B+'s in school"

"But he's got only A's the last two years!"

"OK, he has a hard time getting A's".

It's still an unnecessary, negative spin intended to subtly boost your argument to people not paying attention.

The guy is playing with our best wingers since 2016-2017.

In 2016-2017 had a 40-point season.
In 2017-2018 had 25 points in 52 games.
In 2018-2019 had a 53-point season.
In 2019-2020 has 47 points in 68 games.

His best season for the moment is 53 points. "He has a hard time getting 53 points" is valid here.

Last edited:

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006

His best season for the moment is 53 points. "He has a hard time getting 53 points" is valid here.
Did you really use Phil's first full season in the NHL, when he had 9 points in 26 games as a 4th liner mostly with Mitchell and Flynn, as indicative of anything?

Or his second season, which was derailed by a serious concussion and broken face? And when Drouin was the 1c anyway?

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
not the problem, not the solution either.
Of course not. He's here and we are not a playoff team. And Danault is not drastically underperforming to his own past performances. So he is not "the solution" to the current situation. This is so obvious that I don't see the point of saying it.

If even Patrick Kane is not the solution for Chicago, and he isn't, then the statement about Danault has zero relevance.

The team needs MORE TALENT, and when we get it, Danault will certainly be an asset if plays like he does today.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Did you really use Phil's first full season in the NHL, when he had 9 points in 26 games as a 4th liner mostly with Mitchell and Flynn, as indicative of anything?

Or his second season, which was derailed by a serious concussion and broken face? And when Drouin was the 1c anyway?

He had 40 points mostly with Radulov and Pacioretty in his first season and the season after he was on pace for 39 points playing mostly with Pacioretty, Shaw and Galchy... What are you arguing about ?

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Of course not. He's here and we are not a playoff team. And Danault is not drastically underperforming to his own past performances. So he is not "the solution" to the current situation. This is so obvious that I don't see the point of saying it.

If even Patrick Kane is not the solution for Chicago, and he isn't, then the statement about Danault has zero relevance.

The team needs MORE TALENT, and when we get it, Danault will certainly be an asset if plays like he does today.

He's getting less than 55 points from the first line, do you expect him to get the same total with worse wingers from the second or the third line ?

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
He had 40 points mostly with Radulov and Pacioretty in his first season and the season after he was on pace for 39 points playing mostly with Pacioretty, Shaw and Galchy... What are you arguing about ?

He has a hard time getting A-'s.

His first school year here, he was just learning the language, and in the second year, he got very sick. But we'll pretend those things did not happen.

He has had nothing but A's for the most recent two years, but we'll claim he has a hard time reaching A- and hope people endorse our arguments.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
He's getting less than 55 points from the first line, do you expect him to get the same total with worse wingers from the second or the third line ?
I don't know how many points he would get with different wingers, I just said that if we had more talent, his play would still be an asset to the team. If you disagree that's fine. Just say so.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
He has a hard time getting A-'s.

His first school year here, he was just learning the language, and in the second year, he got very sick. But we'll pretend those things did not happen.

He has had nothing but A's for the most recent two years, but we'll claim he has a hard time reaching A- and hope people endorse our arguments.

Fewer than 55 points from the first line, I would not call that A's... We have different standards.

I took his seasons where he played with our best wingers. I did nothing wrong if he was struggling, it's not my fault.

I'll find an excuse for every putrid season Danault had even if he played with our best wingers and only take his best two seasons, because it suits my argument... I can play that game childish game too.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
I don't know how many points he would get with different wingers, I just said that if we had more talent, his play would still be an asset to the team. If you disagree that's fine. Just say so.

An asset at which cost ? Would you pay him like a 55-point player, before knowing what he can do from the position we want him to play in the future ?

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Fewer than 55 points from the first line, I would not call that A's... We have different standards.

I took his seasons where he played with our best wingers. I did nothing wrong if he was struggling, it's not my fault.

I'll find an excuse for every putrid season Danault had even if he played with our best wingers and only take his best two seasons, because it suits my argument... I can play that game childish game too.
Stop nitpicking. Change everywhere it says A to B and A- to B- and my point still stands.

Just tell us, if we had more talent and Danualt were no longer our 1C, do you think his play would be an asset to the team?

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
An asset at which cost ? Would you pay him like a 55-point player, before knowing what he can do from the position we want him to play in the future ?
If you're asking how much would I pay Danault to be a 2C or a luxury 3C, I would say about $5M for 3C and $6M for 2C given he is in his prime and is great defensively too. Furthermore, we know he can play up if there is an injury to your star centre.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
If you're asking how much would I pay Danault to be a 2C or a luxury 3C, I would say about $5M for 3C and $6M for 2C given he is in his prime and is great defensively too. Furthermore, we know he can play up if there is an injury to your star centre.
5M playing 3rd Line...

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
At worst with 3rd and 4th liners he will get 45 pts.
But we don't have better center in the near future unless you have great expectations for 21yr Suzuki.
Even if Suzuki make more points than Danauilt with Tatar and Gally, his total points will look more to Danault than Crosby or McDavid, etc. It will take two years to Suzuki to surpass Danault and 3 from Kotkaniemi. If no ufa center signs next summer, the center position will stay about the same, except Suzuki should improve a little but wait a see. sophomore year. Sometimes second year is worse.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
5M playing 3rd Line...
Tell me the exact year, month, minute and second Danault will downgrade from 1st center to 3rd center. Before staple him as 3rd center and being overpaid 5M. I don't see when he will downgrade so much. Tatar and Gally score some goals, well enough for their gifted talent, they are good but on the same planet as Oveschkin, Draisatle, Pastrnak, etc. They would barely score more goals with a better center. The only thing is the better center would score more goals so Ta and Gal would have more passes, so more points. But defensivly Danault is great so the entire trio is in the positive plus and minus.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
At worst with 3rd and 4th liners he will get 45 pts.
But we don't have better center in the near future unless you have great expectations for 21yr Suzuki.
Even if Suzuki make more points than Danauilt with Tatar and Gally, his total points will look more to Danault than Crosby or McDavid, etc. It will take two years to Suzuki to surpass Danault and 3 from Kotkaniemi. If no ufa center signs next summer, the center position will stay about the same, except Suzuki should improve a little but wait a see. sophomore year. Sometimes second year is worse.

I don't think so.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Tell me the exact year, month, minute and second Danault will downgrade from 1st center to 3rd center. Before staple him as 3rd center and being overpaid 5M. I don't see when he will downgrade so much. Tatar and Gally score some goals, well enough for their gifted talent, they are good but on the same planet as Oveschkin, Draisatle, Pastrnak, etc. They would barely score more goals with a better center. The only thing is the better center would score more goals so Ta and Gal would have more passes, so more points. But defensivly Danault is great so the entire trio is in the positive plus and minus.
Quoting the wrong Guy, stopped reading after 1st sentence.

get25

Oct 17, 2015

In 2016-2017 was 6th in points.
In 2017-2018 injured.
In 2018-2019 was 4th in points (between Drouin and Gallagher).
In 2019-2020 now 2nd in points.

If this guy is on a second line, he scores more and has to spend less energy on facing the best opponent and PK.

Reactions: Burke the Legend
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad