Phillip Broberg

Vikingstad

**** the King
May 1, 2011
Vancouver
Glad to see Broberg doing well but never ceases to amaze me how people draw conclusions from a 5 game sample. Let's revisit this at least half way through the season maybe, a full season probably even better

Reactions: Devonator

Overkamp

Feb 22, 2007
Glad to see Broberg doing well but never ceases to amaze me how people draw conclusions from a 5 game sample. Let's revisit this at least half way through the season maybe, a full season probably even better
You should also see he’s playing PK and PP and solid as a rock. He’s a stud.

Reactions: Memento

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Broberg is putting up 45pts this year. But I hear this guy was not needed in Edmonton. Yet they have a $9M dollar pylon and are icing 3 #7-8 dmen in as regulars.
Stan Bowman is a genius. Now he will either sign Bouchard for 12 million per year or trade him for old man Erik karlsson.

He definitely looked like the best player on the ice tonight, just based on the eye test alone. Not surprised to see the analytics back it up.

Seeing this, i wished Canucks would have signed him to that offersheet. A 2nd for a legit top 4D.

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
Geez, some of you are weird.

Look, all Oilers fans wanted to keep Broberg (at least, I never heard of anyone who didn't). It seems to me that should have been a priority of the franchise, last season (well before the off-season). We are aware of this. I personally wanted to keep Holloway, too, although he's more the type of player Edmonton could afford to lose.

But, what's with this bizarre enjoyment of the results of a transaction after 6 (largely meaningless) regular season games?

You simply can't evaluate how a managerial decision of player-movement worked or failed until literally YEARS later:
-- Cam Neely for Barry Pederson (looked about even for a year or even two years after)
-- Taylor Hall for Adam Larsson (looked like big win for Edmonton after one season... then, looked like huge win for Jersey after two seasons... nowadays, looks about even in terms of the player-swap)

I'm personally indifferent to St. Louis -- they can win or lose, I don't care. I do hope Broberg and Holloway have successful careers.

It's quite possible that both franchises will get what they want here. Ideally, it would end up like the Rob Ramage / Rick Wamsley for Brett Hull trade (also involving St. Louis, with Calgary) in 1989. In the short-term, the Flames won the Stanley Cup, so they got what they wanted. And in the long-term, the Blues got a franchise player who set scoring records, so also got what they wanted.

In any case, it's pointless to post anything about the results fo each club's decision (the more so if you're not a Blues' fan) until several years from now. Like, 10 years from now.

(However, I'm confident that every point Broberg gets in the next several months will result in a pointless thread bump.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad