Value of: Philippe Myers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ArchAngel55

Nov 16, 2008
Philadelphia, Pa
Provorov is a #1 defenseman and I heard today he's the only defenseman in the league who's played over 500 minutes and hasn't been on the ice for a single goal against 5-on-5.
I'm not knocking him. I was talking about the moment the expectation level from years ago started to drop off. He hurt his shoulder against the Pens in the playoffs and came back the next year with a longer stick. His play wasn't the same afterwards.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I'm not knocking him. I was talking about the moment the expectation level from years ago started to drop off. He hurt his shoulder against the Pens in the playoffs and came back the next year with a longer stick. His play wasn't the same afterwards.
And you think it was long stick and not bum shoulder?

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
So he hasn't been the same player since because of a bum shoulder to you?
I rarely watch flyers so I have no idea even if his play did drop off. I’m just saying if guy was hurt and his play dropped off, seems like injury could be reason for drop off. Lots of guys come back lesser players after injury.

ArchAngel55

Nov 16, 2008
Philadelphia, Pa
I rarely watch flyers so I have no idea even if his play did drop off. I’m just saying if guy was hurt and his play dropped off, seems like injury could be reason for drop off. Lots of guys come back lesser players after injury.
We were talking about his drop off in his career not just after the injury. He was a clear #1D with a high ceiling. A stud D at the time. They made him play with a longer stick afterwards and he hasn't stickhandled or carried the puck the same since.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
We were talking about his drop off in his career not just after the injury. He was a clear #1D with a high ceiling. A stud D at the time. They made him play with a longer stick afterwards and he hasn't stickhandled or carried the puck the same since.

He was a little over-rated before and he's a little under-rated now. He had a bad year last year and is playing pretty well this year. There's nothing else going on here mate.

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
Provorov is a #1 defenseman and I heard today he's the only defenseman in the league who's played over 500 minutes and hasn't been on the ice for a single goal against 5-on-5.
He's definitely not a #1 dman. He can't carry a top pair

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad