OT: Philadelphia Union Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishSniper87

Jun 25, 2007
Media, PA
Freddy Adu likely steps onto the field as the Union's new most talented player.

Mondragon and Valdes have already been huge for this team. This team isn't messing around.

Adu is likely to wind up without the DP tag, but it wouldnt surprise me if the Union use allocation money to bring his salary below DP level (like they did with Mondragon).

Rumor has it Union are targeting a LB, Forward and a 3rd string goalie (I expect a third string G will come from a local club and the LB or Forward will be before the transfer window closes).

Last edited:

Flyersfan1014

Jan 6, 2010
Reading PA

slitz

Feb 28, 2004
Are there any other US national players without a team lol ill take mostly any of them on the U

there were rumors of boca coming back, but he just started the french season. eddie johnson is looking for a club. he might be nice up front. but if the U used allocation for adu, it will be tricky to get another usmnt player

Flyersfan1014

Jan 6, 2010
Reading PA
there were rumors of boca coming back, but he just started the french season. eddie johnson is looking for a club. he might be nice up front. but if the U used allocation for adu, it will be tricky to get another usmnt player

True. I was just being hopeful :laugh: any good defenders looking for a team? Not just from US but a players like Marquez. Older and from a good team overseas

IrishSniper87

Jun 25, 2007
Media, PA

If the Union make Adu a DP, they can bypass using their spot in the allocation order.

However whether Freddy is a DP or not is unknown, but Chivas is still #1 in the order, so Eddie Johnson is theirs for the taking.

GirouxGiroux

Visioneer
Mar 8, 2010
True. I was just being hopeful :laugh: any good defenders looking for a team? Not just from US but a players like Marquez. Older and from a good team overseas

Other than maybe LB, we don't need a defender. We just locked up Valdes and Califf has been pretty solid.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Here's some trivia for you guys:

The first game ever played in the Linc was a soccer match. Man U vs Brazil. I was there. With box seats. Not to brag, or anything.*

*hahaha, that's a complete lie. I'm totally bragging. The buffalo wings were fantastic, and endless.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

The first game ever played in the Linc was a soccer match. Man U vs Brazil. I was there. With box seats. Not to brag, or anything.*

*hahaha, that's a complete lie. I'm totally bragging. The buffalo wings were fantastic, and endless.

Those wings must have been pretty good for you to not notice they were playing Barcelona :sarcasm:

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
If the Union make Adu a DP, they can bypass using their spot in the allocation order.

However whether Freddy is a DP or not is unknown, but Chivas is still #1 in the order, so Eddie Johnson is theirs for the taking.

For this reason, I was thinking the U would DP Adu - although it doesn't appear that they have.

That said, given the asking price for a returning pool player like Feilhaber, not sure it really matters.

IrishSniper87

Jun 25, 2007
Media, PA
For this reason, I was thinking the U would DP Adu - although it doesn't appear that they have.

That said, given the asking price for a returning pool player like Feilhaber, not sure it really matters.

Union twiter says Adu is not a DP, meaning our allocation spot is now dead last. Not a big deal considering the transfer window is closing Sunday anyway.

GirouxGiroux

Visioneer
Mar 8, 2010

:laugh:

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Sat with some buddies who work for the Union. Im not going to be one of the ***** who claims they have sources, but supposedly there is a very high chance the Union will have another player on their roster tomorrow before the start of the game. They wont play though but there will be a new player from overseas.

Flyersfan1014

Jan 6, 2010
Reading PA
Let's all cross our fingers for Nihat Kahveci of Turkey lol. My friend got him on FIFA Ultimate Team and we like to make fun of his name. He's a good forward too but the name is legendary haha. Knee-hot Cah-vay-chi but he goes by just Nihat, which shows just how good he is ;)

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
Sat with some buddies who work for the Union. Im not going to be one of the ***** who claims they have sources, but supposedly there is a very high chance the Union will have another player on their roster tomorrow before the start of the game. They wont play though but there will be a new player from overseas.

does his name rhyme with Dionel Ressi?

GirouxGiroux

Visioneer
Mar 8, 2010

When did they tell you that? I know things fell through with a couple players recently.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
does his name rhyme with Dionel Ressi?

Funny thing is, I was talking to one of their head scouts with a few buddies and someone asked who was the player they were realllyyy trying to get. He was like "Well we would all love Messi but we know that ant happening" (we couldnt get any info from the head scout :( )

When did they tell you that? I know things fell through with a couple players recently.

Thursday and we were talking about it again yesterday. I heard about Adu around 9 Thursday morning, and they were telling us that on Saturday we will be really happy with the players that we are going to sign. Coulda fell through for all I know but just saying what I heard.

Also anyone going to the game today? Got free tickets (gotta love working for the Union :) ) and looking forward to watching Adu and alittle bit of Brek Shea ;)

GirouxGiroux

Visioneer
Mar 8, 2010
Also anyone going to the game today? Got free tickets (gotta love working for the Union :) ) and looking forward to watching Adu and alittle bit of Brek Shea ;)

I'll be there. I'll be surprised if Adu is more than a late sub though.

I'm sure the Union will bring in more players, bring up some players from their affiliates if nothing else. Would like to see them bring in someone from outside the country though. Have to wait and see.

Other than Grosso from Juventus and a young striker from Costa Rica, I haven't been able to find any specific names connected with Philly recently. Both of those players fell through. Frustrating that there's nothing anywhere online. I'm pretty good at finding things online and I've been scouring the internet for a week...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad