Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
My guess is neither Winnipeg nor Laine will have interest in going for round two here.
Based on how Laine himself has commented on his time with the Jets in Finnish, there is a legitimate chance that his ten-team NTC just has Winnipeg written on it ten times. I can assure you that he's not going to return, and that especially goes with Scheifele now locked up.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Based on how Laine himself has commented on his time with the Jets in Finnish, there is a legitimate chance that his ten-team NTC just has Winnipeg written on it ten times. I can assure you that he's not going to return, and that especially goes with Scheifele now locked up.

I 100% agree with you and my guess is that feeling is very mutual (thank god).

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
One of the biggest criticisms I have of the org is how they integrate their skilled but "non-blue chip" prospects (or rather how they don't)

They need a set pathway for skilled kids to enter the line up that isn't either on the 4th line playing 5 minutes a night or the top 6 with the pressure that goes along with it

Ideally there would be a 3rd line that gets soft matchups with the top pairing D on the ice with them.

That would involve moving away from the Lowry shutdown line model and more balanced top 9

Or it would involve continuing to play the 3rd line as the 2nd and using the 2nd line as the gateway, playing 3rd line minutes and opponents.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Or it would involve continuing to play the 3rd line as the 2nd and using the 2nd line as the gateway, playing 3rd line minutes and opponents.
IMO we get too caught up in 2nd line Vs. 3rd line. So much is dependent on hard matching, just not by the Jets but also by other teams. Also very dependent on how successful a team is. Teams at the top of the standings spend much more time locking down games late (giving more TOI to shutdown guys), rather than chasing games (giving more time to offensive skilled guys, but weaker defensively).

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I'd be happy to see how he looks at center before passing judgement. People keep penciling Perfetti into the #2 C role based on nothing but hope. Necas at least has elite speed which we sorely need. I'd be okay with a plan to give him every opportunity to take that role.
it's been 7 years since he's drafted and Carolina doesn't view him as a Center at all. so what are you basing him on other than hope to provide a basis he is a top-6 line driving Center?

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Lots of good points on the way the team structures the lines. We don't talk about it as much during the season because it is a variable that doesn't seem to change.

As long as we have one of our middle six line dedicated to top six matchups and shut down, we will always have a situation with integrating young, skilled, middle six players.

It essentially means they have to be a top line calibre player to crack the lineup in the playoffs if they aren't being suitable for being used in a checking role.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
it's been 7 years since he's drafted and Carolina doesn't view him as a Center at all. so what are you basing him on other than hope to provide a basis he is a top-6 line driving Center?
Right now, hope feels like pretty much what we have to go on. Necas being able to handle 2nd line center duties for the Jets, isn't even close to the top of my hope list :laugh:

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Yup. It’s like teams asking for Salomonsson in a bigger deal. With all the promise he’s shown, Jets won’t move him.

And Canes likely feel the same way about Morrow.
It would take a seismic deal for him to be included. Think Brady Tkachuk type deal.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
It's tough to get away with fraud over an 82 game season

Not sure why people can't understand that the org took a different path from the old "3 best players on the first line (most ice time), 3 next best players on the second line (second most ice time), etc" structure. Amd it worked.

As it's been pointed out, Lowry's line did exceptionally well in its role vs other teams top lines, holding it's own and then some

Imagine where we would have finished had we had we had even average special teams

Don't disagree with any of that. Still doesn't make Lowry the 2C to me. You are correct that it is about roles. His line plays a 3rd line role to 2nd line minutes.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
And a lot of people around here would argue would argue the same about Perfetti. The thing with Necas is there is 2 years of team control versus 1 for Ehlers. If needed you can go 1 year with him and still be in the same position as Ehlers a year from now. If the fit works, maybe you can extend, if not you can get a similar return next offseason. IMO Chevy needs to take some risks to keep the talent level up if we move on from Ehlers. If nothing else an extra year buys our prospects a little more time to be contributors.

Your Perfetti point doesn't stand for at least 1 more season, maybe 2 and 1 more coach. So far it just shows that they don't think he is ready.

I think Necas has 6 seasons so only 1 more year of team control. The 2019 season he only got 7 games so I am not sure it counts. If not then yes there are 2 years left. That would make a value difference for me.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
David Pagnotta lists…

Players Winnipeg is linked to in trade talks:
Mario Ferraro, LD - SJ Sharks
David Savard, RD - Montreal Canadiens

Teams reportedly linked to Nikolaj Ehlers:
Boston, NY Islanders, Nashville, Seattle, Ottawa, Carolina

Summer Trade Watch 2024 — The Fourth Period
funny how he doesn't have us listed on necas considering both lebrun and chevy's mouthpiece dreger have said we have called on him...

Reactions: Buffdog

jamiebez

Apr 5, 2005
Ottawa
David Pagnotta lists…

Players Winnipeg is linked to in trade talks:
Mario Ferraro, LD - SJ Sharks
David Savard, RD - Montreal Canadiens

Teams reportedly linked to Nikolaj Ehlers:
Boston, NY Islanders, Nashville, Seattle, Ottawa, Carolina

Summer Trade Watch 2024 — The Fourth Period

Boston for Carlo?
Islanders for Pulock?
Nashville for Fabbro & picks?
Seattle for Larsson & picks?
Ottawa for Chychrun?
Carolina for Necas?

Damn, this GM job is easy. Traded him 6 times, took me 5 minutes :D

jamiebez

Apr 5, 2005
Ottawa
There's no way Chevy trades for Savard
Would he be an upgrade on Schmidt as the bottom pair RD?

Asking because I think the org is pretty locked into Demelo + Pionk in the fist two RD spots.

I mean, if we strike out with an Ehlers trade for a D, or in free agency, could "Plan C" be something like this?

Morrissey-Demelo
Samberg-Pionk
Heinola-Savard
Stanley

Having a "big guy" like Savard may make it less likely they see a need to dress Stanley over Heinola. Plus, they always like the "stay-at-home guy paired with a puckmover" pairings.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,600.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,770.00