Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Would he be an upgrade on Schmidt as the bottom pair RD?

Asking because I think the org is pretty locked into Demelo + Pionk in the fist two RD spots.

I mean, if we strike out with an Ehlers trade for a D, or in free agency, could "Plan C" be something like this?

Morrissey-Demelo
Samberg-Pionk
Heinola-Savard
Stanley

Having a "big guy" like Savard may make it less likely they see a need to dress Stanley over Heinola. Plus, they always like the "stay-at-home guy paired with a puckmover" pairings.
33 year old at 3.5m - I'd just sign Dillon and play samberg on right side

Whileee

May 29, 2010
David Pagnotta lists…

Players Winnipeg is linked to in trade talks:
Mario Ferraro, LD - SJ Sharks
David Savard, RD - Montreal Canadiens

Teams reportedly linked to Nikolaj Ehlers:
Boston, NY Islanders, Nashville, Seattle, Ottawa, Carolina

Summer Trade Watch 2024 — The Fourth Period
Ferraro plays with pace, but he's very hard to assess because the Sharks have been a gong show. His on-ice shot metrics have been awful.

No interest in Savard. He's a slower and less good version of Dillon, with a 3.5M cap hit. Yuck. Just re-sign Dillon instead.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Right now, hope feels like pretty much what we have to go on. Necas being able to handle 2nd line center duties for the Jets, isn't even close to the top of my hope list :laugh:
what?
your OP comments on people penciling Perfetti based on hope.....so it's the exact same for Necas is what you're saying now?
Lawson Crouse and Dakota Joshua would be good adds. No idea what it would take to get them.
id be interested in both. Joshua had a pretty solid season as a 3rd-4th liner, & crouse can bring some physicality along w/ goal-scoring. however i don't see the Jets doing much w/ Fwds with 11 players signed + 2 RFAs. I think there will be minimal changes up front.

Last edited:

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Boston for Carlo? Plus a 2nd
Islanders for Pulock? Yes
Nashville for Fabbro & picks? Like a 1st and 2nd
Seattle for Larsson & picks? I'd do it straight up if he re-signed for 5 years at a fair rate.
Ottawa for Chychrun? No thanks
Carolina for Necas? No thanks...no D in his game

Damn, this GM job is easy. Traded him 6 times, took me 5 minutes :D
My opinion.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
what?
your OP comments on people penciling Perfetti based on hope.....so it's the exact same for Necas is what you're saying now?

id be interested in both. Joshua had a pretty solid season as a 3rd-4th liner, & crouse can bring some physicality along w/ goal-scoring. however i don't see the Jets doing much w/ Fwds with 11 players signed + 2 RFAs. I think there will be minimal changes up front.
I'll stand by what I posted, that everything around here is pretty munch based on hope and Necas being able to handle 2nd line C duties is no where near the top of the unrealistic hope list. I'm also in the camp of hoping Perfetti becomes a NHL center, though there is no evidence of it. I'm also on the hope list that Lambert becomes an NHL center, but this is far from certain. I'm hoping that Salo becomes a top pairing RHD, but that still feels like a dream. I'm hoping that Connor holds onto some of the defensive awareness he showed in the playoffs. I'm hoping Heinola can find an NHL game. I'm hoping that McGroarty finally signs and is at least close to as good as I hope he will be. I can go on and on, but Christ all I have and everyone else around here that lives and dies with the Jets has is hope.

tarozi

Oct 4, 2019
Yes, he did.
He had better SV%, GAA and winning % (15-5-2) than Helle did and should have started game 4 in the PO, if not sooner.
I agree with the second half of your reply. This version of management and coaching has this loyalty thing that prevents them from trying something different. I'm with you on the idea that he should have started a game, absolutely.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I agree with the second half of your reply. This version of management and coaching has this loyalty thing that prevents them from trying something different. I'm with you on the idea that he should have started a game, absolutely.

Depends on whether the team believed they played well enough to win except for the goaltending.

Reactions: Aries56

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Nick Kypreos must be on hallucinogenic substances ( speculation of course )

On his Real Kyper and Bourne radio show, has reignited speculation that Laine could be headed back to the Winnipeg Jets, the team that originally drafted him. Kypreos suggests that Laine would welcome a return to Winnipeg, despite a rumored rift with former Jets’ captain Blake Wheeler that led to his departure three years ago. “Patrik Laine loved playing in Winnipeg,” Kypreos stated on his show. “He would welcome a trade back to the Jets.”

Adding fuel to the fire, Kypreos proposes a potential blockbuster trade involving Laine and Jets’ winger Nikolaj Ehlers.

I'm not totally against the Jets acquiring Laine, but IMO CBJ will have to take the max 50% retained salary to even start the conversation. And then you are going to want Laine to be happy / comfortable with the Jets and keeping Ehlers would go a long way to helping that, not trading Ehlers away to get Laine.

Whileee

May 29, 2010

On his Real Kyper and Bourne radio show, has reignited speculation that Laine could be headed back to the Winnipeg Jets, the team that originally drafted him. Kypreos suggests that Laine would welcome a return to Winnipeg, despite a rumored rift with former Jets’ captain Blake Wheeler that led to his departure three years ago. “Patrik Laine loved playing in Winnipeg,” Kypreos stated on his show. “He would welcome a trade back to the Jets.”

Adding fuel to the fire, Kypreos proposes a potential blockbuster trade involving Laine and Jets’ winger Nikolaj Ehlers.

I'm not totally against the Jets acquiring Laine, but IMO CBJ will have to take the max 50% retained salary to even start the conversation. And then you are going to want Laine to be happy / comfortable with the Jets and keeping Ehlers would go a long way to helping that, not trading Ehlers away to get Laine.
I wouldn't be averse to the Jets giving Laine another chance, but it would require salary retention by CBJ and the trade cost would have to be low. To be honest, I might prefer Laine at around $6.5M over Monahan at $5M as an addition to the forward group. There is risk there, but potential for success.

Having said that, I think it's just fantasy to think that the Jets would do this.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005

Depends on what the deal is. Instead of Salary retention maybe you can pluck one of those young D man out of there

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Here is a stupid propasal

Laine + Johnson +Mateychuk

for
Ehelrs + Heinola +McGroarty

Some change of Scenery for players and potential for both teams. Given up McGroarty would suck but you got to give something to get something

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011

for

Some change of Scenery for players and potential for both teams. Given up McGroarty would suck but you got to give something to get something
Wondering if Salomonsson is a Jet regular on D before Tiny Heiny!?:faq:

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I'm all for Laine back to Winnipeg for pure HFJets entertainment factor alone

Imagine the back and forth between the influx of FinnishFanbois and the Statsnerds if they're critical of Laine's play

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Forsling and montour are demelo level dmen... aside from the glaring gaffs of pionk and the Stan insanity the Jets have an absolutely comparable d core to florida

The biggest difference is that florida can ice any lineup and no one gets offended because they're not playing with their pal

Not that we know of.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
You implied it in post #10,006. It has been questioned here many times by some posters. Not sure that you have or not.
I didn't imply that at all... I said "I never understand why people discredit powerplay production so much" and btw since this whole discussion was around hronek, take all his pp points away and he would still be second on the jets for points among defensemen

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011

for

I'm trying to think of a prospect the Jets have developed and traded. It's not usually until year 4/5 in the development they get moved. Like Petan or Gawanke.

I really like idea of taking picks off the Isles for Ehlers. Maybe 1st this year, 2nd this year, 2nd next year and add prosoect/player. Jets could trade down 1st and still draft Elick. But 2nds are Chevy's kind of trade currency. It's how the Jets got Dillon, and maybe there's some good deals to be made for teams that still have to maneuver.

You seem to follow draft classes pretty well...How would you assess this one vs. next year's?

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
I'm trying to think of a prospect the Jets have developed and traded. It's not usually until year 4/5 in the development they get moved. Like Petan or Gawanke.

I really like idea of taking picks off the Isles for Ehlers. Maybe 1st this year, 2nd this year, 2nd next year and add prosoect/player. Jets could trade down 1st and still draft Elick. But 2nds are Chevy's kind of trade currency. It's how the Jets got Dillon, and maybe there's some good deals to be made for teams that still have to maneuver.

You seem to follow draft classes pretty well...How would you assess this one vs. next year's?

Poor. Next year good. 2026 great. This years draft there will be good players chosen but It will depend on how all the D chosen in the first round develop and outside of goalies they seem to develop slower and have less trajectory so in that sense its likely to be a poor draft because the forward group isn't as dynamic overall to push those D that will creep into the first round into the 2nd. I mean we could see 6 D go in the top 10.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

for

Not entirely stupid. It is all fantasy after all. :laugh:
What's Johnson's injury status about?
If McGroarty is included I would want Jiricek over Mateychuk. He is the big RHD to pair with Morrissey. We are giving up 3 very strong pieces and taking back the cap dump/project risk.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I didn't imply that at all... I said "I never understand why people discredit powerplay production so much" and btw since this whole discussion was around hronek, take all his pp points away and he would still be second on the jets for points among defensemen

The implication was clear IMO, whether you intended it or not.

I don't care about Hronek. I'm replying to this from post #10,006. "I never understand why people discredit powerplay production so much, like yes the game is mostly played 5v5 but being good on the power play isn't a negative and our pp play was awful most of the year". See my post 10,174.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad