Other Sports: Philadelphia Phillies: The Road To .500 Continues Into Red October (2024 Edition)

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Alot of pressure is on Yamamoto Wednesday though he did just pitch 5 shutout innings in an elimination game. Either way this series will likely be going back to LA.

The Dodgers are starting the ghost of Walker Buehler on Wednesday. Which seems like a bad idea, but LA just doesn't have many viable starting options for a 7 game series.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
The Dodgers are starting the ghost of Walker Buehler on Wednesday. Which seems like a bad idea, but LA just doesn't have many viable starting options for a 7 game series.
I thought Yamamoto was Wednesday though i see they want him getting an extra day. Definitely a large advantage to the Mets game 3 though game 4 and 5 are lean Dodgers. Buehler actually got unlucky against the Padres a bit, though he definitely is not was he was pre injury in 2022.

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020

I swear there was a pic of Swift kissing Karlie Kloss at some new year’s type event years ago that was scrubbed from the internet. A lot of the guys she dated had rumors about them too. I’ll always believe her relationships are arranged for PR purposes. Anything for the spotlight and now I think Travis Kelce is shameless

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I'm going to throw up
Do that once the Mets win 7 more games. Definitely possible though still many more twists and turns this postseason. Me and most of the baseball world though the Padres were going to eliminate the Dodgers with Cease on the mound and a bullpen game for them. Unfortunately that didn't happen.

Last edited:

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
Do that once the Mets win 7 more games. Definitely possible though still many more twists and turns this postseason. Me and most of the baseball world though the Padres were going to eliminate the Dodgers with Cease on the mound and a bullpen game for them. Unfortunately that didn't happen.
Every time the Mets win in the playoffs I want to throw up.

I didn't realize this was a bullpen game, that's pathetic in game 2. Of course the Dodgers SP is a joke. Typical Mets

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
It stands out that the Phillies haven’t gotten anything approaching a Vientos-type performance out of any of their young players in 3 consecutive postseasons, including 2 deep runs. They’ve arguably been their worst hitters. Marsh has had some of the better series, this recent one aside, but even he is a platoon bat and not terribly reliable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad