Other Sports: Philadelphia Phillies: The Road To .500 Continues Into Red October (2024 Edition)

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
That would have been a heroic effort if Kerkerling got out without giving up a run. Just too much to ask with no margin. The Mets can score 15 runs from here on out and the offense will still be the reason they lost

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I’m out. Why can’t the Phillies hit starting pitching? There is still game 4 but tough questions need to be asked this offseason.
Phillies regularly can't hit in the playoffs

Outside of Casty going off against Atlanta, the bats have been ice cold in the playoffs since Game 3 of the World Series. They are easy to pitch against

Reactions: Rebels57

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
nothings going to change. we're stuck with what we have. just have to hope something gets triggered. They can score runs in bunches.
They swing at everything. They absolutely refuse to work a count. They do not draw walks. Far too often they pop up on the first pitch.

Any other team the hitting coach gets fired. With the Phils we just hope the good vibes bring them out of a funk.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
If nothing else, its a total organizational loss

Offense is a joke. Bullpen has to be the worst in the playoffs by a sizable margin. Managing is awful. Defense has made several mistakes.

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
Phillies have made too many SP’s in the postseason look like game 7 Jack Morris.

I’d rather every hitter just keep the bat on his shoulders next game. Maybe we’d at least get to the bullpen early

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
They just have zero f***ing discipline at the plate. They had that inning where the first 2 were patient and walked and then Harper swung at junk and the rest have followed his lead since.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
I know why Ruben Amaro just slobbers over Rob Thomson. It's because analytics are non-existent and it's all about feels.

Playing a righty bat who is below league-average offensively against righties EVERY SINGLE GAME, 162 games during the regular season and never sitting him once... Feels.

Having Aaron Nola up there after walking two batters to start the inning and then being like "ok. I'll give him Pete Alonso and see what happens."

Pete Alonso who has a career OPS nearing 1.100 against Nola... but yea, feels.

• Wow
Reactions: Rebels57

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
After the top of the Phillies lineup there's just nothing that an opponent has to really work for. They get themselves out.

On the other side of the field, Marte has been my favorite baseball player since he was a Pirate. Ideal depth hitter. Works counts, gets walks, swings for singles, fast as f***. Doesn't have much power, doesn't matter: if you walk him with no one on, it's almost always a double or triple because he's stealing instantly. He's had 3-4 massive hits for the Mets so far in the playoffs, all singles. Phillies don't have anyone like that deep in the lineup.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
I'd rather see Weston Wilson there instead of Austin Hays.

F*** I'd rather see Scott Kingery there than Austin Hays.

Get this guy off the playoff roster and never have him in a Phillies lineup ever again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad