Other Sports: Philadelphia Phillies: The Road To .500 (2024 Edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
Omg this shit is hilarious with Rhys on the bases. Swips second, gives JT a look and they laugh. Few pitches later Rojas with a bullet to cut him down at home on a close but not bang bang play, and JT gives him a pat on the butt as he was getting up. Smiles all around. I miss Rhys
i was all for letting Rhys walk..but i'd rather have him that Nick or Schwarbs

Reactions: Jack Straw

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
i was all for letting Rhys walk..but i'd rather have him that Nick or Schwarbs
Schwarber not so much, but absolutely to Castellanos. Every time I think of Hoskins it makes me hate Castellanos more. Not only does he make more money than Rhys for longer, but Hoskins' obp is a straight asset from the right side. Hoskins has more reliable pop too. And you can't say it's apples and oranges either, because Castellanos isn't any better in the field to make anything worth it vs having Rhys out there. They both stink in the OF. One is wildly more effective at the plate.

Letting Rhys walk was written on the wall, and it was all but written in sharpie once Harper started playing 1B. But that doesn't mean it was easy

In conclusion, f*** you Nick

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
how has Barkann continued to survive with this station when so many better people than he have been cut lol

Reactions: snoop88

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
FB_IMG_1717461878905.jpg

FB_IMG_1717461883585.jpg

snoop88

Apr 15, 2012
how has Barkann continued to survive with this station when so many better people than he have been cut lol

He must come ridiculously cheap for his status is all I can think of.

Also always makes me crack up how Amy Fadool has a lifelong job because her husband is a CSN/NBC producer. Even though she makes about 5 verbal fumbles a night while having no tv presence.

Danko

The Bearer of Bad Knees
Jul 28, 2004

I did hear recently that a some of the EVPs/Vp's are leaving or had been fired. Wonder if anything changes

Reactions: trostol

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Barkann has to be like the only host figure that’s been there the entire time of the channel’s history. I don’t like the guy personally but I’d imagine novelty is working in his favor at least.

Reactions: Danko

Danko

The Bearer of Bad Knees
Jul 28, 2004
Barkann has to be like the only host figure that’s been there the entire time of the channel’s history. I don’t like the guy personally but I’d imagine novelty is working in his favor at least.

Im convinced its the same reason why the Sports Radio hosts in the city are popular, because they are so negative all the time.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell

You still can’t 100% convince me that the MLB didn’t cover up the Ohtani involvement in his situation.

So now we can quiet down on the Pete Rose needing reinstatement?

Seems they have the paper trail that proves Ohtani didn't place the bets. Cause this case will be appealed against his and if they better have the paper trail on the Ohtani situation

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
You still can’t 100% convince me that the MLB didn’t cover up the Ohtani involvement in his situation.
I 100% agree if it was me last month. The info that has come out is kind of insane. They have phone transcripts of this guy on the phone with the bank impersonating Shohei more than 20 times. Seems obvious it was actual fraud to me. There's text transcripts of him straight up saying to a bookie "technically, I did steal from him". He also was stopping Ohtani's agents from accessing his accounts saying Shohei wanted to keep it private. Dude is a slimeball.

Which is a shame, because they were lifelong friends or something close to that. That's tough

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Such a dichotomy.... on the field one of the best. Once he left the lines of the field he was one of the worst.
Pretty sure he was already a horrible person off the field when he was playing. He was in a 'relationship' with a 14 year old when he was in his early 30s.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018

lol. Give me over a $1 BILLION in public money to build my stadium here... oh yea, we're gonna play about 8 games a year AWAY FROM IT because we want to find ways to increase the tv market.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Ironmanrulez

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Some rumblings that Luis Robert may be a trade candidate in Chicago. Dude's obviously having a down year and his contract is expiring if I'm not mistaken, but if he can be had for cheap I'd take a stab at him. See if he can turn it around and replace Castellanos in the field. Best case scenario he heats up, worst case scenario we gave up something and let him walk as a free agent. Either way if he's on the table I'm interested.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad