Other Sports: Philadelphia Phillies: The Road To .500 (2024 Edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018

giphy.webp

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
I was reading an article that had this thought in it:

Is this controversial? I don't think there's a right or wrong answer, but it is what I think about the same way my lasting memory of a play from 2008 is Matt Stairs. Likewise the play from the Eagles 2017 run is Patrick Robinson, not Ertz or Graham.

I feel like outside of the fanbase it would be Harper's NLCS HR. But not within it?
Ok so here's my take.

That Hoskins homer hyped me the f*** up. I was flexing and feeling indestructible. Screaming alone. Straight pop off

The Harper homer was different. It felt almost surreal and unbelievable and exciting. It was "oh my God?! Oh my God?!!! Oh my God!!" I was with my parents that night in a jumping hug circle.

So I actually support this hot take. The Hoskins homer made us feel so f***ing punk and unstoppable.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
39b1bd4d-69bf-41d1-8450-97096c7d3816_text.gif

Frank the Tank must've been busy.
Yea. I know about that scene, but #1) Seems odd to go back to something almost 40 years ago...

#2) The Cubs were in London *LAST YEAR* which would have seem the time to do it.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Yea. I know about that scene, but #1) Seems odd to go back to something almost 40 years ago...

#2) The Cubs were in London *LAST YEAR* which would have seem the time to do it.

He's a famous Mets fan that is willing to fly across the Atlantic to throw a pitch. It's really not more complicated than that, and it has nothing to do with Ferris Bueller. :laugh:

He probably drew the short straw with Jerry Seinfeld.

giphy.webp

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Holy crap is the umpire bad tonight. The Ortiz was at worst 2 strikes that were called balls, possibly 3. But two of them were obvious strikes

This is the worst ive seen all season. This guy should be fired during the 7th inning stretch.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
If not his ability to play the middle infield, Merrifield would be in serious danger of being DFA'd when we are 100% healthy.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
Omg this shit is hilarious with Rhys on the bases. Swips second, gives JT a look and they laugh. Few pitches later Rojas with a bullet to cut him down at home on a close but not bang bang play, and JT gives him a pat on the butt as he was getting up. Smiles all around. I miss Rhys

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad