Other Sports: Philadelphia Phillies: The Road To .500 (2024 Edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
hey...whats the word on Painter these days?

Think they said they're just having him rehab at the Clearwater facility all year and he won't actually pitch in any official games.

While he tore his UCL in spring-training, the Phillies 'rehabbed' him and he didn't actually have TJ surgery until after the all-star break last year. So he's like about 10 months into recovery.

Kermit the Prog

Threadkiller
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Greenville, DE
Still my favorite Kruk story is not what he once said, but what was once said to him.

Many of us remember when Kruk came down with testicular cancer during his playing days and he lost one of his nuggets. When he returned to the active roster, Harry the K walked up to him in the clubhouse when he saw he was that night's lineup and told him to swing at the first pitch he sees. Kruk, not catching on, asked, "Why?"

"Krukker," Harry replied, "I don't want to announce 'One ball on John Kruk,'" and walked away.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

No way! A guy who’s got like a decade long sample size of being arguably the best at his position over that time & is still putting up good seasons into his mid 30’s has a legit chance at the HoF? :laugh:

Best part? He got his first hit in like 20 at bats yesterday so it's not even like he's destroying the ball.

He didn't talk about that when he was tearing the cover off the ball for three weeks prior.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Apparently Baseball America updated their top-100 prospects

Andrew Painter - 20
Aiden Miller - 21 (jumped up a lot)
Justin Crawford - 48
Starlyn Caba -51

Mick Abel dropped out of the top-100 entirely. He was at #64 to start the year. Guess an ERA over 6 will do it.

Starlyn Caba was a $3M signing bonus last year.
He's .288/.441/.397/.838 this year as an 18 year old in rookie ball.

His walk-rate in the Dominican Summer League last year was 17.1% (which is already pretty high), he's at 21.5% in the FCL.

I wouldn't be opposed to moving Justin Crawford in a deal if you're getting a guy under team control for a few years. I keep waiting/hoping to see signs of Crawford developing into more than a slap hitter and it just doesn't seem to be happening.

Reactions: saophim

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell

Andrew Painter - 20
Justin Crawford - 48
Starlyn Caba -51

Mick Abel dropped out of the top-100 entirely. He was at #64 to start the year. Guess an ERA over 6 will do it.

His walk-rate in the Dominican Summer League last year was 17.1% (which is already pretty high), he's at 21.5% in the FCL.

I wouldn't be opposed to moving Justin Crawford in a deal if you're getting a guy under team control for a few years. I keep waiting/hoping to see signs of Crawford developing into more than a slap hitter and it just doesn't seem to be happening.
Plenty of guys have made a good career out of being a slap hitter...

Reactions: SnS

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018

Andrew Painter - 20
Justin Crawford - 48
Starlyn Caba -51

Painter still at 20 after TJ is pretty nuts.

I haven't looked into Miller in the last 3 weeks or so. Still raking I assume?

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad