Other Sports: Philadelphia Phillies: The Road To .500 (2024 Edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Rob is not serious about this game, using Ruiz in the 7th. No urgency. Your bullpen is rested. Dont give me a bullpen game tomorrow when it easily could be Wheeler as it is his day.

Somehow got out it after a hit and walk to start the inning.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Are the expectations in Philly that anything short of a WS this year is a failure?

With the Phillies roster being fairly oldish (Late 20's/early 30's for majority of key players) is there a view in Philly of there being a certain window of contention with club?

As a White Sox fan things like expectations, joy, happiness, etc with regard to baseball are foreign concepts to me

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Are the expectations in Philly that anything short of a WS this year is a failure?

With the Phillies roster being fairly oldish (Late 20's/early 30's for majority of key players) is there a view in Philly of there being a certain window of contention with club?

As a White Sox fan things like expectations, joy, happiness, etc with regard to baseball are foreign concepts to me

Yes to Question 1

And Yes we feel the window with the current roster wont be open much longer. They would need to tweak things and get younger to extend it.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town

At least getting to the World Series. Losing it would be a terrible feeling again though.

Definitely feel like this year and next is it for this particular group of players. JT and Schwarber are free agents after 2025 and Nick after 2026. How they are able to incorporate younger players will determine how long of a window they have with Bryce. Though I could see them spending in free agency after next season or the year after as all those players i mentioned are making over $20 million a year.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Bohm hits into a DP in the 1st

Then forgets the outs in the bottom of the 1st and doesnt turn an inning ending DP.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Allard did his job. 4 innings and 1 run allowed. Need to turn it over to the bullpen now.

Cant believe they sent him out there for the 5th. lack or urgency all around.

Last edited:

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Allard should be the fifth starter as of now. He's been fine, much better than Taijuan. Rob seemed hesitant about what would happen on his next potential start Thursday.

Reactions: Rebels57

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
30+ hits and 22 runs over the last 2 is just what the doctor ordered. Lets see if they can actually carry momentum forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad