Other Sports: Philadelphia Phillies: The Road To .500 (2024 Edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
giphy.webp

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Again, no idea what the hitting coaches are doing. Doing the same shit every game isn't working and yet they aren't changing a goddamn thing.

Also, Walker is f***ing atrocious. They should have buried his ass in the minors.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Keep batting Trea 2nd Rob.

Hasnt made a SINGLE adjustment to the Top 3.

Send him back to the f***ing Yankees. Better yet, send him back to Canada.

Again, no idea what the hitting coaches are doing. Doing the same shit every game isn't working and yet they aren't changing a goddamn thing.

Also, Walker is f***ing atrocious. They should have buried his ass in the minors.

Not a serious team.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Never thought id be looking forward to the season ending for a team in 1st place entering the final week of August. This team is utter garbage and if Slopper and Long are here next season, im out before it even starters.
The way this is going I don't know how you bring back Topper next year. This collapse is completely on him and at this point it's either make the World Series or GTFO.

And I don't see them winning 2 postseason games

Reactions: Rebels57

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
The Phils have always had a bang or bust lineup, so I'm not sure what anyone expects. Just have to hope they shake this prolonged funk and get hot when it matters. We've seen it before. Hell the Rangers couldn't hit shit the second half of the year last season and look how that turned out. Fans of the Phillies, of all teams, know it's just about getting in.

Wouldn't expect Walker to be going anywhere for the rest of the season in order to preserve the arms of the big guys. We saw what 200++ innings did to them in the WS a few seasons ago. Need I remind you I called him dogshit 1 second after he signed here

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
The Phils have always had a bang or bust lineup, so I'm not sure what anyone expects. Just have to hope they shake this prolonged funk and get hot when it matters. We've seen it before. Hell the Rangers couldn't hit shit the second half of the year last season and look how that turned out. Fans of the Phillies, of all teams, know it's just about getting in.

Wouldn't expect Walker to be going anywhere for the rest of the season in order to preserve the arms of the big guys. We saw what 200++ innings did to them in the WS a few seasons ago. Need I remind you I called him dogshit 1 second after he signed here
If they keep playing the way they have since the All Star Break there wont be a postseason. They will be 12-20 after tonight since the break and that's tied for the worst record in the NL. The playoffs arent guaranteed though highly unlikely they miss it.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
If they keep playing the way they have since the All Star Break there wont be a postseason. They will be 12-20 after tonight since the break and that's tied for the worst record in the NL. The playoffs arent guaranteed though highly unlikely they miss it.
The Rangers lost 16 of 20 last season from mid August to mid September

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!!Alex Cora,
@RedSox manager, has announced that on Monday, Danny Jansen will substitute in for Reese McGuire at catcher (who is not on the current roster) for the resumption of the 6/26 game with the (@BlueJays), meaning he will not only become the first player to play for both teams in the same game in MLB history, but he will catch the at bat that he himself started and must be pinch-hit for.

I'm currently in Boston and was going to go to this game, but there is a thunderstorm warning for the area right around game time, so we're going to the Sunday game against the D-Backs instead.

I really wanted to witness this historical moment in person. :laugh: :cry: I was originally disappointed that one of the opponents during our time here was Toronto, before realizing this was the makeup series for Jansen to earn the weird honour.

• Wow
Reactions: JojoTheWhale

ponder719

The same New Era as before
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
No idea how today’s game will go, but at least I saw one one-time Phillie do well; I went to the game at Yankee Stadium, and Jake Cave had a scorcher today.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad