Other Sports: Philadelphia Phillies: The Road To .500 (2024 Edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
You’re just not gonna win many games when your one through three hitters have like three hits amongst them during a three game series. They were fortunate to even win one game this series under those circumstances.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
That looked like a little league team that never saw a breaking ball before. Some ugly swings.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
You’re just not gonna win many games when your one through three hitters have like three hits amongst them during a three game series. They were fortunate to even win one game this series under those circumstances.

2-31 with 13 strikeouts. The 3 of them lost this series. Pitching did it's job and the rest of the lineup chipped in here and there.

That looked like a little league team that never saw a breaking ball before. Some ugly swings.

That's been happening since July 1st. I don't know how a team with this many experienced players can't identify a breaking ball and not swing at it so that the pitcher is forced to give them something decent to swing at.

What does Kevin Long do exactly?

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
There has never been a pitch thrown that Nick wouldnt swing at. Though to be fair he has been better the past few months. JT has been terrible since he has come back and so has Bryce. Marsh has been pretty bad since May and Stott is not having a good year. Really need number 3 to stop impersonating Nick at the plate, cause that's what his numbers have been since the start July.

The pitching that series was very good, unfortunately the Braves pitching staff is better this year as of now. Still think they win the division but they could have basically knocked out the Braves by taking another game in that series.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
2-31 with 13 strikeouts. The 3 of them lost this series. Pitching did it's job and the rest of the lineup chipped in here and there.

That's been happening since July 1st. I don't know how a team with this many experienced players can't identify a breaking ball and not swing at it so that the pitcher is forced to give them something decent to swing at.

What does Kevin Long do exactly?
Might be a problem...

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!!Alex Cora,
@RedSox manager, has announced that on Monday, Danny Jansen will substitute in for Reese McGuire at catcher (who is not on the current roster) for the resumption of the 6/26 game with the (@BlueJays), meaning he will not only become the first player to play for both teams in the same game in MLB history, but he will catch the at bat that he himself started and must be pinch-hit for.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York

@RedSox manager, has announced that on Monday, Danny Jansen will substitute in for Reese McGuire at catcher (who is not on the current roster) for the resumption of the 6/26 game with the (@BlueJays), meaning he will not only become the first player to play for both teams in the same game in MLB history, but he will catch the at bat that he himself started and must be pinch-hit for.

Weird things happen occasionally in all sports but the weirdest things happen in baseball.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018

This pleases me

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Keep trying to convince yourself Phillies Trea is a shortstop moving forward.

Routine ground ball that was up to the middle that should have been fielded as paraphrased by Frantzke.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Never thought id be looking forward to the season ending for a team in 1st place entering the final week of August. This team is utter garbage and if Slopper and Long are here next season, im out before it even starters.

Reactions: trostol

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Do we have a SS in the system? Can't see them splashing out again really
Can play Sosa and Stott for there next year if needed. Trea is just a disaster and everyone knows it. I think Miller is more of 3b or left fielder.

The Phillies have recorded a hit and now a run.

I dont think it makes sense to have a bullpen game after Taijuan and Ranger starts. It's Wheeler's normal day Sunday.

Reactions: trostol

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Im sure the next Taijuan start will be better. The Phillies has played the past few months like they have the playoffs sewn up. They dont. Keep trotting Taijuan out there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad