Other Sports: Philadelphia Phillies: The Road To .500 (2023 Edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
Seranthony was crap last year up to striking out Goldschmidt and Arenado back to back. He punch out probably similar caliber hitters in Acuna and Riley tonight back to back so maybe this gets him going. Would be huge.
The fact that he was challenging them with fastballs is a good sign. There was a lot of late life that got them to swing through it.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
DancingPanther said:
Missed the entire 9th inning because I walked into a fire. Not one but 2 NICU babies getting intubated. Glad to see they eeked it out. What an enormous win. Holy f***. Wheeler tomorrow? Don't f*** this up

Ok so the one baby got flown to Philly so the pharmacy was shaken by the helicopter as usual, and the other baby died. What a night

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
I've been thinking about Kershaw's historically dismal start.

Sometimes starting pitchers don't have typical command of their pitches. Is this something can be diagnosed before a start? If so, why do we get blowup outings from effective pitchers? Is there too much trust that a starter can work out of a funk or pitch effectively with subpar offerings? Assuming that a battery can tell early on if a start will be poor, I can't understand why they'd take a patient approach if they're trying to win a game. Last night, the Dodgers basically lost the game in the first inning. There must be a warm up process that would allow a team to quickly understand if a pitcher isn't prepared for a multi inning effort so they can get guys ready in the bullpen.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
So the most important thing to me about last night is that we went to the bullpen in the 4th inning and they still managed to shut out the Braves. Our weakness won us Game 1.

Ok so the one baby got flown to Philly so the pharmacy was shaken by the helicopter as usual, and the other baby died. What a night

With all due respect, I'm going to pretend I didn't read this so that I can have a happy weekend with my own kids. Condolences to all involved

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Doesn't look like the O's are going to be playing for much longer this year. Absolutely imploding against the Rags

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Thanks for coming out Baltimore, looking forward to you selling off these guys when they get too expensive.
AL B(east) about to 0-6 in the playoffs.
Rays 1: 4-0 loss
Jays 1: 3-1 loss
Rays 2: 7-1 loss
Jays 2: 2-0 loss
Orioles 1: 3-2 loss
Orioles 2: losing 10-5

currently having been outscored 29-9

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
A GM in baseball has no power anyway. Stearns will be running the show (Klentak already worked under him).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad