Other Sports: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Vegas, Baby! (2023 Regular Season)

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I could not possibly agree with you more. Those people were just born in the wrong place or liked the wrong jersey or player. In return, they got decades of misery.
I'm old enough to remember when Eagle fans were in that category.
Lurie took a lot of shit, but he's been maybe the best owner of a Philadelphia franchise.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
Hoping to see a better all around performance Thursday. Starting the season 2-0 with a 10 day break is rather significant

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Screenshot_20230912-174541.png

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
This gives me a woody.

Shows you how fast Jones was getting rid of the ball, against someone with a slower release and a stubborn OC who wanted to throw downfield they might have put up a half dozen or more sacks.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018

It’s hard to stun me with how violent football can be or even could in the past, but flip to the play that starts at 1:25. Holy SHIT.

Looks like he might've gotten a bit lucky and rolled on his helmet? The first sequence is the worst for me. That guy seems to fumble because he's concussed from getting struck on the back of his head

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
Fellas, I think a a ron tore that left achilles. At work again so finally got time to watch the vid instead of shitpost. Did you see how flaccid his ankle and calf muscle went as he was being driven to the ground? It was like his lower shin folded onto his foot. That doesn't happen with a broken ankle or calf injury. That's a broken tendon
You know it's almost like this guy is a doctor or something

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
first off..that looked like a Stone Cold Stunner to Swann

that Dawk suplex...that might be a touch illegal

that Dawk hit on Crumpler was clean

man should have seen Waters and Hopkins...

Reactions: Kermit the Prog

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008

Oh yeah, Dawk's hit on Crumpler was clean - I'm just posting it because it's really fun to watch

Reactions: trostol

Kermit the Prog

Threadkiller
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Greenville, DE

I don't have favorite Eagles, even stretching back to my youth. The closest may have been Roman Gabriel, Bill Bergey, and that guy, Wes Hopkins. Before Andre Waters became a starter, Hopkins and Ray Ellis were a devastating pair of safeties for the birds when it came to - to borrow a Fred Shero quote - "arriving in an ill humor." The man hit like a high speed train.

I don't think those who never saw #48 (that's Hopkins) play can really get the sense of how hard he hit. He wasn't undisciplined like Waters, who would take penalties of aggression for the mere purpose of sending a message (and would, as a result, get flagged for every borderline transgression), and he had a knack for the ball. He had 5+ interceptions in five different seasons. Compare that to Brian Dawkins who never had more than four in a season.

Wes Hopkins is a severely overlooked and underappreciated former Eagle.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

It’s hard to stun me with how violent football can be or even could in the past, but flip to the play that starts at 1:25. Holy SHIT.

"However (Noll) was forced to admit under oath that several of his own Pittsburgh players would possibly fall under the label of the same 'criminal element' of which he had previously spoken."

Confirmed dirty, cheating scumbags. Preach.

cTyCJ1z.gif

Atoadaso. Af***inatoadaso.

• Haha
Reactions: JojoTheWhale

JojoTheWhale

Lusting Stromboli
May 22, 2008
I don't have favorite Eagles, even stretching back to my youth. The closest may have been Roman Gabriel, Bill Bergey, and that guy, Wes Hopkins. Before Andre Waters became a starter, Hopkins and Ray Ellis were a devastating pair of safeties for the birds when it came to - to borrow a Fred Shero quote - "arriving in an ill humor." The man hit like a high speed train.

I don't think those who never saw #48 (that's Hopkins) play can really get the sense of how hard he hit. He wasn't undisciplined like Waters, who would take penalties of aggression for the mere purpose of sending a message (and would, as a result, get flagged for every borderline transgression), and he had a knack for the ball. He had 5+ interceptions in five different seasons. Compare that to Brian Dawkins who never had more than four in a season.

Wes Hopkins is a severely overlooked and underappreciated former Eagle.

Hopkins hit significantly harder than Waters to me. Waters just got the headlines because of the dirtiness.

He also lived in my development when I was a kid. Super nice guy. He would stop to talk to us while we played street hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad