Other Sports: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Super Bowl LVIII (Barf!) and Beyond!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

sauce88

Jul 6, 2011
This QB draft class is looking promising, wonder if the Pats will throw Maye in right away or let that trainwreck OLine try and gel before putting him in.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
1000003673.jpg

Reactions: philly_28

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I think if you’re Travis Hunter in this upcoming draft you have to seriously consider WR for the next level. The pay scales for WR & CB are vastly different.
Is he a $30 mill plus caliber WR1 at the NFL level? Or more of a WR2 guy? If he's going to try to be a WR in the NFL, better to focus on that in his JR year in Colorado vs play both ways. Needs to get more reps in practice to hone his craft if he's going to do that.

Patrick Surtain Jr is likely going to set the new benchmark for CB as he's done 3 years and could sign a new deal at any time. It's at around $20 mill for CB at the moment. But, unlikely it shoots up to $25 mill per.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Is he a $30 mill plus caliber WR1 at the NFL level? Or more of a WR2 guy? If he's going to try to be a WR in the NFL, better to focus on that in his JR year in Colorado vs play both ways. Needs to get more reps in practice to hone his craft if he's going to do that.

Patrick Surtain Jr is likely going to set the new benchmark for CB as he's done 3 years and could sign a new deal at any time. It's at around $20 mill for CB at the moment. But, unlikely it shoots up to $25 mill per.

I don’t think he has to be a full time X or anything to make financial sense. We could look at DeVonta Smith or Ridley at the high end, but the one that sticks out to me is Jerry Jeudy at 4/52 with 41 fully guaranteed. That puts him just outside the CB top 10 for a guy who flat out has not produced. It’s not just the big time WRs getting pushed up.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Maybe a pinky promise to turn around and sign him to the practice squad?

Bottom line is if Stout doesn't think he has what it takes then I'm not interested lol. Maybe he doesn't have the IQ?
No such thing as pinky promises when there are waivers involved. My guess is he doesn’t offer enough positional versatility to hold down an initial 53 man spot and they’re comfortable taking their chances on trying to get him on the practice squad. He was a 6th round pick so the league didn’t love him during the draft process but Howie has been plucked before with late rounders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad