OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Playoffs - Eagles Will Select Sixth Overall In Draft

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
QB or bust for me.

Wilson has become the trendy #2 of late. That could change especially if Fields goes off again next Monday. The "character" concerns are already out there for Wilson. Maybe Howie can orchestrate a smear campaign like Miami did to get Tua to 5. Howie didn't exactly give Carson a vote of confidence. Doug at least BS'd an answer. Good news is right now, no one between 3-5 needs a QB. Bad news is you can't count on the 3rd QB making it to 6. Atlanta could change directions and the three teams after the Eagles could all take a QB and will likely be looking to move up. Miami gained so much value with that Houston collapse, #3 will be worth a lot.

Trade back if QB is not possible. The receivers look great but taking a receiver that high with this current slop of an offense seems like lighting a pick on fire. The leading receiver just had 500 yards for the season and much of that came in a four week stretch! Same thing happened last year. No thanks to OL or defense.
I would be psyched on Fields. I think he is better than Lawrence (but I always have a B1G bias). Problem is I think you have to trade hurts then, which isn't really a bad thing if you are drafting fields just adds more fuel to the fire if it is the wrong decision.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Not sure why they'd have to trade Hurts, but it wouldn't be any sweat off my back.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
I mean realistically if you can parlay Hurts+Wentz+6th into Fields, you have to do it. I am not so sure about the other non-Lawrence QBs in this draft but even then you probably make it happen if you are convinced one of them is your guy...

Eagles are in for a few painful years anyways. And I don't really think Hurts is Wilson 2.0 so if anyone wants to buy into the hype and gives us solid value for him that gets us a new shiny toy from our QB factory, why the hell not?

Reactions: Schwarbomb

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I know a few people who were wishing there had been a crowd there. They were sure the fans would have been throwing batteries. I had to inform them that certainly wouldn't be the case, and that the last time the team botched its draft position by winning late Philly denizens responded with their most famous act of holiday aggression in response.

The WIP segment of the fan base was/is certainly mad about what they did last night. They also somehow think Doug just did this all on his own accord & therefore he should be fired.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Just an early guess:
1. Jacksonville-Lawrence
2. Jets-Sewell
3. Miami-Smith
4. Atlanta-Wilson
5. Cinn-Chase
6. Phi-trade back one with Detroit who might badly want to get Fields. Lions need a QB; Stafford is shot. Spielman is running the show in Detroit. Look for a bunch of OSU guys to be working there soon. Possibly Meyer as HC.
7.??
If Howie is making the pick, it won’t matter.

Reactions: renberg

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace

Doug looks like the eagle from the Muppets. :laugh:

369-sam-the-eagle.jpg

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008

They won six games.

All of this whining about sports had me brainstorm a new insult in light of the times we live in...I want to test it with you all:

Broflake

P1:"The Eagles are total trash for tanking that game. How could they ruin the integrity of this sport!!!"
P2: "Alright calm down you delicate little broflake. Go cry somewhere else"

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I couldn't resist going to the isles and rangers threads..

This was one of the most bush league things I have ever witnessed as a sports fan. It is one thing to rest players but to actually make play calls and in game lineup decisions to intentionally throw a game is despicable. That fourth quarter set back professional sportsmanship and integrity 100 years.

Forget about the playoffs. That was as bush league of a move as I've seen in any league in any pro sport.

It's just ridiculous that they tanked to move up a whopping 3 spots in the draft (6th, would have drafted 9th w/a win).

I'm a firm believer in football karma. To quote Herm Edwards, "You play to win the game."

I'm sure some fans were thrilled with a slightly higher pick, but the players, by and large, are ultra-competitive and want to win. That drive is why they've made it to the NFL in the first place. This kind of shit poisons an organization. I can guarantee the players aren't going to forget that their coach took away a chance to win and end the season on a positive note.

However, I don't think there's any way you can prove the Eagles threw the match. Even though everyone and their mom knows it was tanking, their excuse that they wanted to see what they had in a 27 year old journeyman can't really be disproven.

One thing I will say is that you as a coach don't pull that kind of shit without Ownership and the GM being 100% behind it. It's disgraceful.

Then, there's this gem:

Darnold + Seattle 2021 1st + NYJ 2022 1st (unprotected)
for
Wentz + PHI 2021 1st [=6OA]

Good grief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad