CFL 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
This offence is nothing without its running game going and Winnipeg was focused on stopping that tonight. That last play by MBT was brutal, there was nothing there even if the ball was caught. Pull him, probably should have already but as Ford proved last week, he isn’t the answer either. Maybe Vernon Adams shakes loose this off season.

Sensrule

Aug 30, 2007
Was that Ford laughing with a teammate on the sidelines? Got to be more serious than that, team is getting blown out.

OddManRush

Mar 22, 2022
The Bombers haven’t even been their usual selves this season and yet are *still* light years ahead of this “Elks” team. Holy shit

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Look on the bright side, 7 more field goals and we're right back in it.

The first football game I ever watched saw Edmonton defeat Winnipeg 68-7, or thereabouts, 1996 West Semi. Everything comes full circle it appears.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton

The first football game I ever watched saw Edmonton defeat Winnipeg 68-7, or thereabouts, 1996 West Semi. Everything comes full circle it appears.
I just looked this up because I didn’t think a 68-7 score in a playoff game was possible, sure enough that’s what it was. Damn, I have no memory of this game. lol, you’d think that one would stand out. I’ll need to look further to see what era this was to find out who the quarterback and head coach was.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018

I applaud you. You have been a fan through some very bad years of the CFL. Definitely not the glory years.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Balk from walk. Best part of my evening so far. ;). Might as well do the game grades now.

D - An F-, the lowest grade possible. Back to ground zero with this group, they were exposed tonight for what they truly are, a D that can be okay against other also rans, but so far from being good enough on a good team it’s not even funny. Maybe 3 or 4 pieces to build on, the rest are garbage.

O - An F- A no show the entire first half, zero leadership from the great MBT. Potential with this group if you get the right QB.

HC - Sealed his fate as a HC in the league. In my mind not even a good QB coach or OC, let alone a HC. Couldn’t motivate his team in the biggest game of the year. Overwhelmed and out coached in all aspects of the game tonight.

Ford - Thought there might have been about a 5% chance he might sign with us next year after his mistreatment since he got here, but tonight seals it, he is gone. Idiot coach can’t see further than his nose and doesn’t play his only potential young QB in the second half in a half was strictly for learning and experience, instead he stuck with the guy who shit the bed in the first half.

This game was a debacle for so many reasons, not the least being the score, but many repercussions will result from poor decisions made tonight.

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
Man the Elks are hard to cheer for. JJ isn't a HC. There is something going on with Ford still I bet. I understood not starting him but not going to him in the 2nd half is puzzling. I'm not convinced he is a team guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad