OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Playoffs - Eagles Will Select Sixth Overall In Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
I would DEFINITELY make a point to see New Image if you find yourself out there. Theres a few others that id recommend but only if i knew how much time you were looking at, etc. There were some fun ones but they were like an hour - hour and a half drive from downtown.
Is it crazy I hope Denver gets Philly and Dallas back to back weeks? Do a trip of Denver and Dallas in one shot.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Ive admittedly only ever been like 3 times on work trips, but there is absolutely nothing that draws me to Dallas. Like - at all.
Watching the Broncos whoop Cowboy ass would be a hoot.

to quote Steven A and Shannon Sharpe.
HOW BOUT THOSE COWBOYS...

Reactions: Starat327

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Sal Pal is talking about how Goodell should "do a forensic analysis" to get to the truth :laugh: There isn't an ounce of sense in this witch hunt. This is coming from someone (I mean me) who couldn't give a damn about the Eagles one way or the other. I'd be furious if I were you guys and having to listen to this stupid shit.
I think it's f***ing hilarious. Maximum Chaos, baby

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
That was painful to watch last night. Now the question is, what do we do in the draft? If somehow Lawrence or Fields is there at 6 do you pass on them based on what we have seen from Hurts (Lawrence I think is obviously gone before then, but Fields I think could be there). Six is kind of a bad spot to be. The best of the best will likely be gone and our biggest needs don't seem to be present at that spot except maybe DB, but do you want to use a pick that high on a DB?

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
That was painful to watch last night. Now the question is, what do we do in the draft? If somehow Lawrence or Fields is there at 6 do you pass on them based on what we have seen from Hurts (Lawrence I think is obviously gone before then, but Fields I think could be there). Six is kind of a bad spot to be. The best of the best will likely be gone and our biggest needs don't seem to be present at that spot except maybe DB, but do you want to use a pick that high on a DB?
Smith, Chase, or Waddle? Parsons from PSU?

I'm not that well versed on this draft but doesn't seem there are any DBs worth taking at 6.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Smith, Chase, or Waddle? Parsons from PSU?

I'm not that well versed on this draft but doesn't seem there are any DBs worth taking at 6.
There are Suratin Jr. and maybe Caleb Farley at 6 that I could see taking. I wouldn't take them over Chase if he is there. Smith and Waddle I wouldn't take at 6, I'd rather Surtain Jr. or even Parsons (though I would prefer not to take parsons at 6 either). The best case scenario for me is that Chase or Sewell falls to 6 but I would think Jets take one of the and the Dolphins take the other. Even if one of them falls to four with the Falcons and they take a QB, gotta believe Cincinnati is going to want to a weapon for Burrow or protection for Burrow. So that leaves Surtain, Jr. or maybe Justin Fields? I wouldn't plan on taking Smith or Waddle at 6. I bet you could get either of those guys in the 9-12 range. I bet it shakes out something like this barring any crazy combine rising/falling stuff or injuries.

1. Lawrence
2. Chase/Sewell
3. Chase/Sewell
4. Fields/Lance/Wilson
5. No idea if Chase/Sewell aren't there
6. DB/Maybe QB if Doug is gone?/trade back?

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Intense spite post incoming:

1487C3CB-5385-4E5D-99E6-E9E50C6ED519.jpeg

One bad moment? f*** this f***ity f*** f***er to the f***ing dark side of the f***ing moon. There are very, very few Philadelphia sports figures I despise more than Howie Roseman. Lurie is now getting up there because of his delusional support of golden boy idiot brain child.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
QB or bust for me.

Wilson has become the trendy #2 of late. That could change especially if Fields goes off again next Monday. The "character" concerns are already out there for Wilson. Maybe Howie can orchestrate a smear campaign like Miami did to get Tua to 5. Howie didn't exactly give Carson a vote of confidence. Doug at least BS'd an answer. Good news is right now, no one between 3-5 needs a QB. Bad news is you can't count on the 3rd QB making it to 6. Atlanta could change directions and the three teams after the Eagles could all take a QB and will likely be looking to move up. Miami gained so much value with that Houston collapse, #3 will be worth a lot.

Trade back if QB is not possible. The receivers look great but taking a receiver that high with this current slop of an offense seems like lighting a pick on fire. The leading receiver just had 500 yards for the season and much of that came in a four week stretch! Same thing happened last year. No thanks to OL or defense.

Last edited:

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Intense spite post incoming:

View attachment 381909

One bad moment? f*** this f***ity f*** f***er to the f***ing dark side of the f***ing moon. There are very, very few Philadelphia sports figures I despise more than Howie Roseman. Lurie is now getting up there because of his delusional support of golden boy idiot brain child.
Wooooo! Great post.

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
My fear is Howie feels the heat and runs it back again chasing that super bowl glory. This team should have been blown up two offseasons ago at least.

Reactions: Chinatown88

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
QB or bust for me.

Wilson has become the trendy #2 of late. That could change especially if Fields goes off again next Monday. The "character" concerns are already out there for Smith. Maybe Howie can orchestrate a smear campaign like Miami did to get Tua to 5. Howie didn't exactly give Carson a vote of confidence. Doug at least BS'd an answer. Good news is right now, no one between 3-5 needs a QB. Bad news is you can't count on the 3rd QB making it to 6. Atlanta could change directions and the three teams after the Eagles could all take a QB and will likely be looking to move up. Miami gained so much value with that Houston collapse, #3 will be worth a lot.

Trade back if QB is not possible. The receivers look great but taking a receiver that high with this current slop of an offense seems like lighting a pick on fire. The leading receiver just had 500 yards for the season and much of that came in a four week stretch! Same thing happened last year. No thanks to OL or defense.
If QB isn't there, have to trade back and take LB/DB/OL. Honestly I'm thinking LB

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Wooooo! Great post.

Thank you sir!

Serious question to everyone here: Can you guys come up with multiple reasons as to why I should tune in at all next season? Outside of drafting a good QB (like Fields or Wilson) that is.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Thank you sir!

Serious question to everyone here: Can you guys come up with multiple reasons as to why I should tune in at all next season? Outside of drafting a good QB (like Fields or Wilson) that is.
you enjoy the overall pain?
You enjoy rooting for the tank in December?
You like seeing Jason Peters name on the injury list?

This team is probably going to be booty.

Reactions: Schwarbomb

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
My fear is Howie feels the heat and runs it back again chasing that super bowl glory. This team should have been blown up two offseasons ago at least.
Sounded like he knew he had to do it. He gave an excuse that they were set to go ahead with it this year but the pandemic made them change course. Saying and doing are two different things, but they won’t really have the cap space to go all in on vets again.

If QB isn't there, have to trade back and take LB/DB/OL. Honestly I'm thinking LB
LB?! Take a lap.

Reactions: Schwarbomb

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Sounded like he knew he had to do it. He gave an excuse that they were set to go ahead with it this year but the pandemic made them change course. Saying and doing are two different things, but they won’t really have the cap space to go all in on vets again.

LB?! Take a lap.
Why though? The middle of the field is a joke.

Is there any mid round LB talents? Or are you saying it's not worth burning that high of a pick on

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Fun stadium. Let me know if you need brewery Recs - theres a few out there that are VERY good.
For shits and giggles which ones? Have flown into Denver a few times, but never stayed in the city. Just got our rental car and drove to the mountains.

Reactions: Starat327
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad