OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Playoffs - Eagles Will Select Sixth Overall In Draft

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Also, am I just a total nutjob or does the entire timeline up to the morning before the final game with the Wentz/Doug relationship to all of these articles about Doug not stink to high heaven?

Sure seems like Carson's camp and Howie banded together to get Doug axed to provide them cover.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008

I mean...I'm with Lurie on this.

IF that's how the conversation went...that's bad. I'm assuming they both acknowledged this year was trash. From there, when Doug was prompted "what are you thinking for coaching vacancies?" & responded with "I'm going to use the guys we have already"...I'd hope Lurie gave him a "B**** is you crazy?" look for even suggesting all internal promotions considering this past year (and beyond, IMO).

Doug and Lurie/Howie (I have to lump them together since Lurie grossly loves Howie) just doesn't work at this point.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008

IF that's how the conversation went...that's bad. I'm assuming they both acknowledged this year was trash. From there, when Doug was prompted "what are you thinking for coaching vacancies?" & responded with "I'm going to use the guys we have already"...I'd hope Lurie gave him a "B**** is you crazy?" look for even suggesting all internal promotions considering this past year (and beyond, IMO).

Doug and Lurie/Howie (I have to lump them together since Lurie grossly loves Howie) just doesn't work at this point.

Also I'd like to note that I think Howie should be fired, but since I don't think Lurie will do it, Doug may have to go. Can't do nothing.

Here's a terrific graph showing how f***ed we are right now and are just cool with it.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
One the one hand Doug is a moron. On the other hand Doug should be able to pick his own staff.

If I was in his position where I was trying to do my job and being hamstrung by other people i'd want out too.

#TeamDoug

I get not necessarily wanting a head coach to be in control of the roster (a select few coaches in the league probably deserve it) but I really don’t see the point in not letting the guy pick his staff for better or worse.

I generally agree with this, but that plan is also well into batshit. If the coach requires that much oversight, it's time to move on. It feels better for everyone involved.

By the same token, if you're changing the staff, there's no reason Howie should be the person to hire the next one.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I get not necessarily wanting a head coach to be in control of the roster (a select few coaches in the league probably deserve it) but I really don’t see the point in not letting the guy pick his staff for better or worse.

I agree with you, but if you can't trust the coach, what can you do? I don't mean that rhetorically - I mean, I think it's tough. Doug has his problems (lack of knowledge) for you guys - Fats McStats has his own problems for me (lack of integrity and transparency/leaning into nepotism, cronyism, etc.) Doug at least seems like a decent guy who maybe at the moment is slightly confused. My coach is a fat piece of shit. And that's not just me trademarkedly spewing spite - it's actually true.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
One the one hand Doug is a moron. On the other hand Doug should be able to pick his own staff.

If I was in his position where I was trying to do my job and being hamstrung by other people i'd want out too.

#TeamDoug
no....fired. we've been supremely underwhelming in the last 3 years. Why are we rewarding this with promotions? All the excitement about weapon in the last 4 games, and in three of those, he wasn't very good as a "QB".

It's time to start over.

The fact that the GM and Coach are unable to work together means they both go, imo.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

As you could probably guess, I have extreme doubts about that being exactly how the conversation went.

I generally agree with this, but that plan is also well into batshit. If the coach requires that much oversight, it's time to move on. It feels better for everyone involved.

By the same token, if you're changing the staff, there's no reason Howie should be the person to hire the next one.

Howie shouldn't have been able to hire Pederson if Chip was as big of a failure as people believe but again who am I?

As i'm going to say again below, if you don't trust your coach to do those types of things he should have been fired last week. Now you're behind the eight ball in the coaching carousel and without diving into it more than off the top of my head they're probably the least desirable job opening.

no....fired. we've been supremely underwhelming in the last 3 years. Why are we rewarding this with promotions? All the excitement about weapon in the last 4 games, and in three of those, he wasn't very good as a "QB".

It's time to start over.

The fact that the GM and Coach are unable to work together means they both go, imo.

No arguments here. He should have been fired the next day though if you don't trust your coach to that degree. It shouldn't have even gotten to this never ending clown show.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
it's about synergy. If there isn't an overall plan, and everyone is working to that SAME plan, then it's going to fail. If they can't work together then it's bye bye time. I expect the GM, most of all, to demonstrate this behavior.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
As you could probably guess, I have extreme doubts about that being exactly how the conversation went.

Howie shouldn't have been able to hire Pederson if Chip was as big of a failure as people believe but again who am I?

As i'm going to say again below, if you don't trust your coach to do those types of things he should have been fired last week. Now you're behind the eight ball in the coaching carousel and without diving into it more than off the top of my head they're probably the least desirable job opening.

No arguments here. He should have been fired the next day though if you don't trust your coach to that degree. It shouldn't have even gotten to this never ending clown show.
I agree. But I didn't produce movies in hollywood so what do I know....

Les Averman

Mar 3, 2015
Pittsburgh, PA
This is a disaster and the Eagles are quickly turning themselves into a laughing stock. They are publicly embarrassing their head coach who delivered them a Super Bowl win 3 years ago and showing that a new head coach is going to have to deal with a meddlesome GM & owner if you take this job, on top of dealing with a tough fan base, a mess at the QB position and an old, overpaid roster. I don't know what kind of quality candidate they're going to get.

With the way they've handled this so far, the only way out is to clean house, starting with Roseman, but that's not going to happen so they're going to have to settle for their 3rd or 4th choice of a head coach at best.

With Lurie (or somebody else high on the totem pole in the FO) very obviously leaking this information to the media, they're trying to soften up the fanbase before ousting Doug. These next couple of years could be rough

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
tenor.gif

8265a6ddc816ebd5dd17689c18d3b07825534960.gifv

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

I think this is best case scenario for Doug.

The franchise is an abomination. Lurie and Roseman are complete and utter weasels. This whole thing is digusting. If you're going to fire him, fire him. This leaking bullshit to make your Super Bowl winning coach look bad is a god damn joke.

Howie wins again.

Chip was right.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad