OT: Philadelphia 76ers: The tank is over.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
Is it me or are these contracts absolutely insane?

Insane implies irrational. The teams literally need to give the money to someone.

Should the max be higher so that there's a bigger gap between Durant and Derozen? Probably. But this sort of spending was widely anticipated.

I'll be a little less worried once Waiters signs anywhere else.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Insane implies irrational. The teams literally need to give the money to someone.

Should the max be higher so that there's a bigger gap between Durant and Derozen? Probably. But this sort of spending was widely anticipated.

I'll be a little less worried once Waiters signs anywhere else.

Gotcha. There cap limits are like MLB sized budgets, hell closing in on NFL and they only keep, what? 14 guys on a team?

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
In what way are the Lakers being judicious by signing Timothy Mozgov to 4/64, but Okafor is a player they're not interested in?

Seems awkward is all. Mozgov only looked as good as he was because he's next to LeBron. He's worlds better defensively than Okafor, but on offense, ANIEC Okafor is way way better.

Tim Tebow

Jan 25, 2012
Westeros
Each selection was bpa. A healthy noel goes first overall and a healthy embiid goes first overall. We gambled on them as opposse to drafting stiffs That is not tanking

It is tanking when you trade away all of your NBA caliber players for draft picks and put a roster of mainly D-League players xD They were accepting draft picks to take other teams overpaid veteran players and then buying them out so they could play on other teams while they kept their D-League players on the court.

And while the Sixers did take BPA in the draft keep in mind they also drafted Elfrid Payton then immediately traded him for Dario Saric and draft picks knowing Saric would be overseas.

How can anyone look at the Sixers and say they weren't tanking?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
They didn't let anyone go who could play, they kept Landry, traded Thompson to GS to dump his salary, GS then cut him a couple months later. McGee was given a shot, then dumped, and so on.

They only had two NBA caliber starters (Holiday, T Young, the rest were backups, Turner, Hawes, Allen, et al and all were a year or two from free agency). Young was a year from free agency and probably wouldn't have resigned, they got Miami's 1st (LuLu), A Moute and Shved? who was traded for another 2nd. Holiday was traded for Noel and a 1st which was traded for Saric and their own 2017 1st rd pick. Got a problem with that.

The only NBA player they traded after breaking up a 34 win team was MCW, and he's on the bench in Milwaukee, they have the Laker pick next year which will probably be 6-10.

Had Hinkie stayed pat, doubtful this team would have won more than 25 games a year, they would have picked 4-8th the last three years, they'd have no pick next year, no extra 1st rd picks, no Noel, RoCo, Holmes or probably McConnell. They'd be really bad with no future. Sorta like the Kings or Nets.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
As far as Ish, $18M/3yr for a run of the mill backup PG?
McConnell isn't as fast, but he's a tougher defender.
Neither is starting material.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Jerryd Bayless 3 years 27 million. Combo guard. 43% from 3 last year. Mainly a bench guy in his career. Wonder how they will use him.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Can't be a bad sign for those of us that want the ball in Simmons' hands as much as possible.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
At least the Sixers 2K team will be a lot better than it has been the last 3 years.

TheSpectrum

Oct 18, 2011
This is such a Process type move and it is great! The draft next year is loaded on G's and PGs. Bayless will be a great intermediate PG for at least the next 2 seasons. He will probably ride the pine hard in year 3 but at 27 now, he should still have just enough in the tank to give you back-up mins.

When you consider what the market is today and what guys like Lin got in FA, this is a fantastic move by BC.

I have to give him a lot of credit so far. I am still nervous about a potential Noel/Oakfor trade but let's cross that bridge when we get there

zarley zelepukin

Oct 25, 2008
Norristown, PA
Good stuff. He seems like the kind of player who will fit well with our bigs and the contract is fine. We're probably not done looking for guards but this should make us less desperate to get one in a trade.

WastedTalent

who is lord stanley?
Mar 22, 2011
your mind
Solid signing for the Sixers, and like a few are saying I would also offer sheet Crabbe.

However, I'd mainly be trying to get McCollum from them via trade first, with Turner signing for huge money over there maybe they feel a little less obliged to keep McCollum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad