Proposal: PHI-TOR Kapanen for one of Morin/Myers/Hagg

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Thin White Duke

Aug 11, 2009
We have the same problem as the Oilers where we have more than enough guys who can very likely be NHL players but no good shots at a top pairing D, especially on the right side. I only see Sanheim and Provorov fitting the bill out of Philly's prospects and they're obviously not on the table.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
So with forward prospects like Matthews, Marner and Nylander already in tow..and Travis Dermott as your best D prospect, you wouldnt move Kapanen for Morin or Myers? Not trying to build a winning team anytime soon, eh?

Thing is, Travis Dermott would still be our best D prospect if we traded for Morin/Myers/Hagg.

We are perfectly content to keep Kapanen, a top 3 prospect on Pittsburgh, and developing nicely with no pressure.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Wouldn't touch morin for kapanen. Myers is still wait and see though his ceiling is pretty high and hes a rhd. Hagg is a guy who projects well as an nhler. Hes not the super sexy prospect that some of the othets are and is in the same organization so hes overshadowed but i think whoever trades for him will be impressed with what they get

LeafsNation149

Feb 4, 2013
Thing is, Travis Dermott would still be our best D prospect if we traded for Morin/Myers/Hagg.

We are perfectly content to keep Kapanen, a top 3 prospect on Pittsburgh, and developing nicely with no pressure.

That's not the greatest accomplishment.

I would 110% trade Kapanen for Morin. You would be silly to say no to that deal. Kapanen projects to be a 3rd liner for the Leafs. Why not trade that for a potential 2nd pairing D instead?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

And likewise, Kapanen is not better than:

Voracek, Simmonds, Schenn or Konecny so there I'd no top 6 winger spot for him. Plus we have Lindblom, Aube-Kubel, Laberge, etc... on the way as well. He really isn't needed.

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
I think when Morin actually gets seen by the masses in the NHL, they will change their tune. He is one big beast and a SOB.

He will quickly become one of the most sought after prospects on these boards if he continues to improve like he has been! Big, strong, fast, tough dman that can make an outlet pass and beat the living crap out of almost everyone in the league. I'm sure the Flyers are going to trade him:laugh::laugh: don't forget about that 100 mph slap shot but yeah he's a bust because he's not going to put up more then 30 points a season in the NHL.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013

Morin
Myers

Dermott
Hagg

Last edited:

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

Not even close to true.

Dermott is below both Morin and Myers.

He's above Hagg, but definitely not the other two. A clear tier below.

Gsus

MVP
Feb 20, 2014
Pori, Finland
Leafs fans are so lost on their D prospects level. Dermott is not on the level of Morin or Myers, so they would instantly become their best D prospects. I would trade Hägg for Kap, but that's not because Hägg isn't good enough it's because Flyers already have better guys in front of him. TOR fans would be happy to have Hägg on their D pool but probably not worth of losing Kap.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Leafs fans are so lost on their D prospects level. Dermott is not on the level of Morin or Myers, so they would instantly become their best D prospects. I would trade Hägg for Kap, but that's not because Hägg isn't good enough it's because Flyers already have better guys in front of him. TOR fans would be happy to have Hägg on their D pool but probably not worth of losing Kap.

Curious what makes morin and myers so much better then nielson,valiev and dermott?

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
Curious what makes morin and myers so much better then nielson,valiev and dermott?

Morin is a freak in terms of skating ability for his size. He won't be putting up points here, he's not gonna get any PP time while behind Ghost, Sanheim, Provorv, and Myers. Morin will be a PK staple though and will compliment whoever he's paired with very well.

Myers has the "gamer" abilities you see in Ghost, but at 6'5". He's excellent at handling the puck, has a great shot, and skates very well. Think Parayko.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
I don't really see an argument for any of Toronto's defensive prospects being better than Morin or Myers.

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
Kapanen for Morin.

If Hagg isn't worth much anymore you can have Corrado for him ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad