Confirmed Signing with Link: [PHI] James van Riemsdyk signs with the Flyers (5 years, $7M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
7x7 is my guess.

Philly fans will say the same thing Toronto fans say. He is a great offensive players, but when hes not scoring he is extremely frustrating to watch.

Hopefully whoever is on his line helps to keep him from becoming too much of a passenger.

Hes likely playing with Patrick, unless we get Bozak, too

ohmyjlord

Fan...with a brain.
Mar 9, 2008
Montreal
Please don't sign for more than $6.5m...that contract will probably be used to determine Pacioretty's value.

paulmm3

Mar 29, 2014
I am glad the Sabres did not add what I think this contract will have for term and $

ponder719

M-M-M-Matvei and the Jett
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

Now this would make sense. Bozak was always my preferred target, since our C depth is Couts/Patrick/Laughton/Lehtera/Potato/cardboard cutout of Bobby Clarke. If we can add Bozak, our forward depth suddenly looks really nice.

It's the contract that worries me. I expect a bare minimum of 5/$30, probably 5/$35.

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
Im glad JVR is gone. His half assed effort on a nightly basis was getting so tiring to watch. The only time you notice him was really on the powerplay.
He had a limited skillset, but he did what he did extremely well. Great in close and a beast on the powerplay. Averaged 32 goals and 58 points over the last two seasons while playing very limited Ice-time. He priced himself out of Toronto (especially if the Leafs are gunning for Tavares), but if the flyers got him for reasonable term and price (say 6million x 5years) then he can be a very solid contributing piece to a contender.

ponder719

M-M-M-Matvei and the Jett
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I'll miss ya, ya big lug.

Are the Flyers also going to try him at center? :D

On the bright side, save Toronto, we know JVR's game best, and we know not to do something stupid like that.

Doesn't really make sense to me. Philly should have spent it on a good defenceman.

Perhaps, but our prospect depth at D is far better than our winger prospect depth, for the next couple years at least. If we're lucky, in the next two years, we'll get to add Myers and Morin to Provorov/Ghost/Sanheim/Gudas (maybe)/Hagg. We should look much better on the back end when that happens, and AMac is gone. JVR's going to paper over a bigger hole than a defenseman would.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Yeah, probably. Evander Kane got 7M and he hit 50+ points for the first time in 6-7 years. One time 30 goal scorer.
That's the deal that scares me as JVR's agent will point to that. I am hoping somehow it's a better team deal....but I am not sure how that's possible.

:crossfing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad