Confirmed Signing with Link: [PHI] F Travis Konecny signs extension with the Flyers (8 years, $8.75M AAV)

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Everyone keeps talking about points per game, but how many guys in the league are really hitting a point per game with 9 power play points? The list is small and those players are in a completely different tier than Konecny and are paid like it.

He's a speedy, undersized forward who can score in multiple ways and will go to the front of the net. He'll never be a PP QB, but he'd have no problem putting up points on a decent unit. The Flyers have by far the worst PP in the league and Konecny's point totals have suffered significantly because of it.
Yep, he'll easily be PPG once the flyers get some actual skill (Michkov) on PP1

Reactions: Winston Wolf

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Not sure why people were comparing this to the horvat signing. Horvat is a center who is good at face offs. I’d rather have horvat cause of position.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
That's a lot of term and a lot of money for a guy who's 28 and who isn't even a point per game player.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Not sure why people were comparing this to the horvat signing. Horvat is a center who is good at face offs. I’d rather have horvat cause of position.
Konecny is a far better player, faceoffs be damned

Call me crazy but I've always felt that signing your team's best player is a good thing. I'm still pissed off that the Senators passed on this guy for Colin White.
On HfB if you’re not on the cusp of winning a cup you should never sign anyone who isn’t coming off an ELC.

Rushed the rebuild.

Retool instead of rebuild.

Etc, etc.

Reactions: Luc Labelle and SnS

horner

May 22, 2007
I get that he's a good player, but I would be a little concerned about the length of this deal.

Are the flyers going to be in a position to contend while Konecny is still worth the deal?
He's a great leader for there young players

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
He's a great leader for there young players

Sure, and having him around will help the young guys grow.

But the point of growing the young guys is to contend in a few years right?

Won't this deal be past it's "best before" date by that time?

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Call me crazy but I've always felt that signing your team's best player is a good thing. I'm still pissed off that the Senators passed on this guy for Colin White.
Is it a good thing when your team's two players with the most term are both right wingers who have career highs in points of 53 and 68? Is that how contenders are built?

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
27 year old quality players are not going to sign for 3-4 years. It just doesn't happen. Most guys play until they're in their early to mid 30's. He's basically signing a retirement contract. Why would he sign for a couple years?

Yet, every time a guy is signed, there are concerns raised about the length of the contract. It's like clockwork.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
How can you justify this contract when Bobby Clarke, long-time Flyer and HHOF player, only made $100k per season?
I heard he got hush-hush money under the table. They don't tell you about all the milk deliveries the team paid for.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Easy to say.
Briere refused to trade him for whom?
Briere called which gms and for whom?

Until i have names i like TK on the team.

15 pts ahead of next scorer.
Best scorer last 3 seasons.

That's literally his job to do those things. I have no f***ing idea if he did or not. But he should have, and waited for the right deal if he had to.

Reactions: Amorgus

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
The young Flyers players will benefit having around he would go through a wall to win.
Would go through a wall to win yet re-signed for 8 years on a team that has many losing seaosn in front of them. Not even accounting for all the losing he has already been a part of.

He took the bag, end of story

thedjpd

Sponsor
Dec 12, 2002
San Jose, CA
That's literally his job to do those things. I have no f***ing idea if he did or not. But he should have, and waited for the right deal if he had to.
What's the right deal? Any deal? If best offer was a late 1st? I'd rather keep TK, too. Flyers are swimming in those.

You admit to not knowing at all if he did any of those things - but still proceeded to speculate that the deal is bad because he should have done them!

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Not great. Doesn't seem to be his doing.
Is he a part of it?

Listen he is a good productive player. Where the Flyers are at it is a bad move. Not sure why people cant or wont accept that. It isn't about the player himself. They should have let someone else give him that deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad