OT: OT-what he doesn’t know is this is a buck and a quarter quarter staff

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
I chose not to have children but dating yr again and reminding her yr not predictable and ignoring no or negative and being vile, just for her and only her , bein bad and not missing yr daughter a day or two a week w the comolete full attention she once had from you.... without announcing it take netter cate of yourself one day at a time , every day with.a determined will , won't go unnoticed , if you ignore if she has noticed as . With. It eat better food once s day.

My latest i take a goid ornanic poppyseed dressing make a secondary infused white basic heinz vinegar ( also cleans lymphatic). Add good honey.to whole small bottle 1 to 5 or four vinegar to honey ratio. Chopped bery finely parsleys. Tegialand italian. One to five / four ratio , some red bell pepper. ( half or quarter very finely chopper . One eight to one quarter of a snall red onion. Even more finely choppec Compine all. And let sit w vinegar for. a couple days.
When done combine two big tablespoons of poppy seed ( i use oaks farms vidalia onion poppy seed dresimg made by Seed to Table , naples fl ) W ten ? Tablspoon three days later of yr imfused parsley honey vinegar. In pop culture alot places made great coleslaw but it's mainly mayo which has gotten even worse for you to eat, more than couple times
A. Month. I had to make a way friggin better tasting cole slaw dressing to eat w whatever which cleams a rejuvenates the bowels to regularly and a quarter of our recipe to regain our hogh school skin weight without fluctuations and LOVE taste Fook Dieting. Eat alpt and joyfully.

Anyway If you combine both above two dressings to taste your favorite cole slaw ever. Lots a bufffish fry place to copy. For salad. Chopped thinly. Like angel
Hair pasta but thinner to avoid blanching as im lazy. A third of that chopped same way purple cabbage. Small tiny intact raw broccoli tops smallest but still floretts. Arugula brimen up by hamd , and or whatever you like. Great ceasar like some grey poopin dijon original.

Has great highend flavor w awesome cole slaw taste and u cam eat every day w fried fish , grassfed burgers . Chicken. Fingerz pam. Or blackened shrimp or grouper on a baguette Or your own falafels w a tahini spicy youghurt sauce.

Anyway the other healing meal if yr watching sportz but giving her full attention W of couse whatever droogs or weed or shotts teqila to make u wanna mow down like yiu both were hangin before your daughter flew the coop. Beets alcohol coolers they make a vodka craberry drink in bottke etc. offer. But don't pusj outside or whatever you normally do. Tru do something u know she likes but you never do anymore.

Id suggest a small ambulance size nitrous tank w some shrooms , wait to break out tank till yr both a little un easy and combine w some horse and cat and you'll both guaranteed be happy and totally loving amd onboards w your daughters absence and professionally be there w emotional support or timely casn but hive yr daughtef the space she needs to become herself. Ive seen from hanging on orher side is f things the more space but paying attention those around her will lightly include you both and yr wife chills and worries a tiny less. As those have real empath for you but its rare I imagine if you're needy as most are at first which worries many that turns into obligation as she's consumed by life without judgement as I'm sure you've taught her amazing and i bet if you watched she'd make you proud instead of need to worry as she surrounds herself w honorable people like youselves.

The above and a making madhur jaffrey goan style soicy pork recipe. Online. Find full recipe w cardamoms and fenegreek . Follow instructions exactly but we don't dine on swine or parasited farmed fish , so we use a whole chicken w yelloe potato

Maybe splurge w this night on a château margeaux cab or white ? Pouilly fuisse Never fails youll both eat healthiest stuff for know and my long time gf lights up everytime i cut cabagge each week wnd once a month on the vindaloo she been requesting for 14 years whithout any real interruption Maybe a cauliflower version . Rare , one twenty can actually come close to making it right out at a restaurant.

These got thru and end to a five year championship college coaching run to hang full time w my lame ass. All the things above helped her w all the free time that used to be occupied and all were good segways to her feeling loved and paid full attention to and are there in fridge all week as kind memory of extra effort for my case. Apologies if it overstepped but it's a very difficult emotional time for your wife that can't be overstated and was just offering what helped me have her choose this and that. And have choices and activities outside and unexpected playing jazz unplanned w her favorites surprised at right times. Good luck sounds like you understand her well. And all attention, forethought that's different right?
Thanks brother

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Nothing wrong with that. Therapy is a good thing when shit gets too hard to handle alone. Good on you, and I hope you left the session feeling a bit better.

I've spent the last hour on Indeed and LinkedIn, which unfortunately is making me feel worse. Not finding much of interest, which is making me feel really stuck in a toxic environment. Sort of considering trying to start a business and do it myself instead of this nonsense.

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
I've spent the last hour on Indeed and LinkedIn, which unfortunately is making me feel worse. Not finding much of interest, which is making me feel really stuck in a toxic environment. Sort of considering trying to start a business and do it myself instead of this nonsense.
Easy for me to say, as I’ve been retired and away from the US workforce for more than 2 1/2 years now, but Corporate America sucks, and in my opinion, it’s only gotten worse in the last 10-15 years. I can’t remember what your position is, but being your own boss may be the best thing that could happen to you.

The small things in life make it more enjoyable. Yesterday I went to one of the expat centric markets and they had Oscar Mayer bologna and hot dogs. So for the first time in over 11yrs I'm having fried bologna and onions on rye
We lived on fried bologna sandwiches in Buffalo back in the day. The local butcher shop on the corner had the best cold cuts and meats.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Easy for me to say, as I’ve been retired and away from the US workforce for more than 2 1/2 years now, but Corporate America sucks, and in my opinion, it’s only gotten worse in the last 10-15 years. I can’t remember what your position is, but being your own boss may be the best thing that could happen to you.

Basically help desk manager, though it's a broad swath ranging from switchport configs to monthly backups to lead cybersecurity and everything in between. I have a small team I supervise but I've also done the work [and continue to do so]. I actually floated the idea to a former coworker, best technically-skilled tech I've ever known, that he and I should be co-owners, where I handle the customer-facing side and he does the heavier technical lifting. When we worked together, our skills complemented each other well.

Reactions: Old Navy Goat

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland

We lived on fried bologna sandwiches in Buffalo back in the day. The local butcher shop on the corner had the best cold cuts and meats.
I tried making it in the Philippines but the bologna was vile, just a nasty taste

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
Basically help desk manager, though it's a broad swath ranging from switchport configs to monthly backups to lead cybersecurity and everything in between. I have a small team I supervise but I've also done the work [and continue to do so]. I actually floated the idea to a former coworker, best technically-skilled tech I've ever known, that he and I should be co-owners, where I handle the customer-facing side and he does the heavier technical lifting. When we worked together, our skills complemented each other well.
The future right now is AI or Cloud, right now Im studying AWS to make a change since what I currently work on looks like it is becoming a dead platform.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Finding someone that bolsters your strengths while taking care of your weaknesses is very important. That's why I'm currently floundering a bit as I counted on Gus to be the antithesis to my surly disposition. Replacing him hasn't been easy

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Finding someone that bolsters your strengths while taking care of your weaknesses is very important. That's why I'm currently floundering a bit as I counted on Gus to be the antithesis to my surly disposition. Replacing him hasn't been easy

Indeed. It really feels like it could be a successful partnership, and as I told him, my main goal would be to establish and then sell out. I hope there's a Gus 2.0 in your future.

The future right now is AI or Cloud, right now Im studying AWS to make a change since what I currently work on looks like it is becoming a dead platform.

Ouch. That's part of the problem I'm having: I'm so burnt out with what I do that I'm questioning whether IT is even what I should be doing right now. The idea of making a wholesale change to a different branch of that enormous industry feels daunting after 15 years of largely doing what I've been doing.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Indeed. It really feels like it could be a successful partnership, and as I told him, my main goal would be to establish and then sell out. I hope there's a Gus 2.0 in your future.

Ouch. That's part of the problem I'm having: I'm so burnt out with what I do that I'm questioning whether IT is even what I should be doing right now. The idea of making a wholesale change to a different branch of that enormous industry feels daunting after 15 years of largely doing what I've been doing.
Thanks but what I really need is for him to get a clean bill of health. Business is good, but I miss my friend and he needs to live a long cancer free life

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
I spent hours and hours on Indeed the first couple of weeks after I was laid off (27 days ago now) and I've come to absolutely detest that site. It's the Instagram of job sites. Everyone is posting fake shite just like they post filtered or highly selected angles of themselves on Instagram.

I spent the past 10+ years in Social Media, mostly data and reporting analytics but I'm heading back to my first career path, either Accounting or Bookkeeping. Definitely will be a pay cut but damn there isn't much else out there. Problem is my Quickbooks experience is decades out of date. :thumbd:

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
Ever thought of doing white knight work? Can you get something doing work like pen tests and the like? Couple of my former coworkers do that shit at home in their jammies.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Ever thought of doing white knight work? Can you get something doing work like pen tests and the like? Couple of my former coworkers do that shit at home in their jammies.

Not against the idea. I think I'd be a decent auditor [barf] and could design some wicked social engineering phishing awareness stuff.

I spent hours and hours on Indeed the first couple of weeks after I was laid off (27 days ago now) and I've come to absolutely detest that site. It's the Instagram of job sites. Everyone is posting fake shite just like they post filtered or highly selected angles of themselves on Instagram.

I spent the past 10+ years in Social Media, mostly data and reporting analytics but I'm heading back to my first career path, either Accounting or Bookkeeping. Definitely will be a pay cut but damn there isn't much else out there. Problem is my Quickbooks experience is decades out of date. :thumbd:

Well that all sounds miserable. Good luck

Thanks but what I really need is for him to get a clean bill of health. Business is good, but I miss my friend and he needs to live a long cancer free life
Absolutely the most key part of the whole thing.

Reactions: Old Navy Goat

KiwiGriff

It’s a Bloody Business Bates!
Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
Not against the idea. I think I'd be a decent auditor [barf]
I work around ITIL: I have incident managers, service deliver managers, change enablement team etc that report to me. No Problem Managers because when I had one, and I promoted him within the team, the company decided to take away the role while I was interviewing for a replacement.

Anyway, I just got audited by our internal audit team and when I looked at the results I just thought "it sure would be nice if the person auditing us actually understood the processes beforehand instead of us having to teach them, then getting mickey mouse observations and recommendations."

Audit isn't necessarily a bad route.

Last edited:

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
I work around ITIL: I have incident managers, service deliver managers, change enablement team etc that report to me. No Problem Managers because when I had one, and I promoted him within the team, the company decided to take away the role while I was interviewing for a replacement.

Anyway, I just got audited by our internal audit team and when I looked at the results I just thought "it sure would be nice if the person auditing us actually understood the processes beforehand instead of us having to teach them, then getting mickey mouse observations and recommendations."

Audit isn't necessarily a bad route.

I've had the same thought whenever we get a state audit.

Reactions: oldgoalie

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Since so many of us hate our jobs, does anyone want to gang up and make Sense Arena for lacrosse goalies?

As a lacrosse goalie dad, I see a huge untapped market for what Sense Arena does but for lacrosse goalies. I have software requirements design and project management experience, but zero coding skills.

:dunno:

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Walked in to meeting request from my boss to go over "issues and responsibilities." Yeah. Maybe downsizing a team you know nothing about and losing two employees with a combined 30 years experience was a bad idea? I'm so done

• Wow
Reactions: oldgoalie

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Walked in to meeting request from my boss to go over "issues and responsibilities." Yeah. Maybe downsizing a team you know nothing about and losing two employees with a combined 30 years experience was a bad idea? I'm so done

Follow-up:

He asked if I was happy and hinted at demoting me back to my old job instead of being a manager. I told him the amount of disrespect that my department has to deal with is disgusting and demoralizing, and that when my 9th grader asks me after their first day in the place why I work there, it makes it really hard to want to help the people I'm there to help.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Follow-up:

He asked if I was happy and hinted at demoting me back to my old job instead of being a manager. I told him the amount of disrespect that my department has to deal with is disgusting and demoralizing, and that when my 9th grader asks me after their first day in the place why I work there, it makes it really hard to want to help the people I'm there to help.
I apologize for not following all the pages of this thread before responding but do you have a significant other dependent on your work/income? I only ask because my response would be different after some thought.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
I apologize for not following all the pages of this thread before responding but do you have a significant other dependent on your work/income? I only ask because my response would be different after some thought.

No worries. I make about 40% more than my wife, and have two teenagers, one who is in their senior year of HS. So I do need to be a bit selective about financial stuff. On the flip side, a former coworker quit in June with nothing to fall back on, because he was sick of similar bullshit I'm dealing with. He now works at an organic cannabis farm and is loving life.

Out of curiosity, what would your response have been? Discounting money stuff.

Reactions: Jim Bob

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
1000012089.jpg

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
No worries. I make about 40% more than my wife, and have two teenagers, one who is in their senior year of HS. So I do need to be a bit selective about financial stuff. On the flip side, a former coworker quit in June with nothing to fall back on, because he was sick of similar bullshit I'm dealing with. He now works at an organic cannabis farm and is loving life.

Out of curiosity, what would your response have been? Discounting money stuff.
Just the plausibility of walking away and potentially being on hiatus from a well paying job. On one hand your mental health is worth so much more than any job and frankly it trickles down into your family life. If your have moderate enough income and a supportive spouse it offers the ability to walk away and find a better job and happiness which hopefully is the case for you.

My wife potentially could make more than me as she is self employed but I make more because I work more. She has been urging me for years to find something that doesn't leave me so physically and mentally drained (I obviously haven't taken that advice yet) but it's re-assuring to know that she has my back if need be and that we could financially survive it.

Reactions: TheMistyStranger

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad