Confirmed Signing with Link: [PHI] F Travis Konecny signs extension with the Flyers (8 years, $8.75M AAV)

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
He’s just the flyer that’s been a flyer for so long you don’t even think about him. Good for him and the flyers to have a lifer

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Really don’t see why anyone would have a problem with this.

The cap is rising and he’s a top line winger. Give the guy some more support which is coming in Philly. Briere is building the team well in my opinion.

I’d say it’s probably about a 1m more than I thought he’d get but it’s not at all out of line. Philly locked up a core piece. This isn’t something to be upset over.

Last edited:
Reactions: Devonator and SnS

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
why is it beautiful? what are the long and short term benefits seeing where the Flyers are currently at? Do you see them being contenders in the next 4 years? If not when?

There’s a difference. I don’t expect the Flyers to be contenders til I’m dead and gone.
I’d rather be entertained and TK is a great player and deserves this contract. Many of other posts have posted stats supporting this.

We don’t agree on anything with the state of the team, so stop.

Reactions: poobags

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
There’s a difference. I don’t expect the Flyers to be contenders til I’m dead and gone.
I’d rather be entertained and TK is a great player and deserves this contract. Many of other posts have posted stats supporting this.

We don’t agree on anything with the state of the team, so stop.
Don't know what you mean by stop. Well if you goal is to be just entertained than ok I get it to a point. Me I want more. Much more. The way the front office operates should keep all entertained.

TK is not a great player. Matthews and players of that ilk are great players.

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
Team can afford him.

Yes they could have fetched some nice assets for him, but they have a core player locked up long term who can be a leader and mentor for some of their younger players ready to break into the league.

Is the contract rich? Definitely. It won’t age well at all, but they can afford him and he will be a life time flyer so why not.

Fan favourite, pain in the ass to play against, one heck of a hockey player, I don’t see an issue with this signing at all.

Probably wears the C on his chest as well.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Imgoingtowork

Apr 15, 2024
Europe
Michkov - 60+ or 90+ score off his first season.

Slafkovsky - 60+ or 90+ score off his third season.

Last edited:

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
It’s really impossible for some people to not just continually spout off 30 G 60 Pt with no context, as if we situational analysis isn’t a thing that can be done with relative ease. But let’s get to the laziest common denominator to make a point. His goals “started with a 3…” and his points “started with a 6…”. So. 30/60. Don’t ask about his linemates or his team construct. Who cares that his ES numbers were outstanding even with an unsustainably low PDO. The added value of being a great PKer? The fact that he’s a really physically involved player? Nah folks. 30/60! That’s who he is!

Why even negotiate, let’s just have a ledger that pays you on basic counting stats with no context.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Well done for the player. Happy for him.

If he had a bad year stats wise unlikely he could have gotten that.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
Really don’t see why anyone would have a problem with this.

The cap is rising and he’s a top line winger. Give the guy some more support which is coming in Philly. Briere is building the team well in my opinion.

I’d say it’s probably about a 1m more than I thought he’d get but it’s not at all out of line. Philly locked up a core piece. This isn’t something to be upset over.
It might be a touch high but in the end it's part too much..part that it doesn't fit with the supposed "rebuild " timeline and part that we just do not trust the Flyers management to get a good sustainable competitive team right

Reactions: Amorgus

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Damn this is like paying RNH 9M a year.

Konecny next to McDavid or Drai with his blend of goal scoring and playmaking and his ridiculous energy would be devastating.

I don’t think RNH would do a penny better than Konecny if you traded them and made RNH by far the focal point of the Flyers 23-24 roster.

Edit: RNH is on a sweet deal, not saying otherwise…but circumstances are far, far different.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
Love konecny but that’s to much $. Guys never had more than 68 points. That’s barely 2nd line production.

Also 1 goal in 22 playoff games and only 7 points.

Ugly imo.

7x7 should of been the target zone.
Yet he was 10th among RWs in scoring last year and is 13th the last 5 years. Id say that's well within 1st line production

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
For good or bad, Briere is certainly making significant moves.
Unfortunately most are bad. Screwed up the Cutter Gauthier situation - NCAA players have leverage - and then gave him away; passed on Zeev Buium for a guy that Parekh was laughing at. He’s lucky that Michkov fell into his lap but he’s clearly in way over his head.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
Konecny next to McDavid or Drai with his blend of goal scoring and playmaking and his ridiculous energy would be devastating.
I'm even looking at RNH before McDavid joined the team.
He hit 50 pts 3 times including 56 twice. Solid glue guy on the PP too.

I feel it’s a fair comparison.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
In the Konecny speculation thread, that's the exact contract I projected him to get.

Ok job by Briere. I think it was the right move to make. You're unlikely to be better off by letting Konecny go or trading him for more futures. Having a competitive team for Michkov to join is more important, and Konecny should be a good top line caliber player for a long time.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad